+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry applicant from Jamaica

KerryKay

Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys my name is Kerry and I am from Jamaica. My husband and I are interested in living in Canada, he recently took the IELTS Exams and got 9 in all areas. Also his credentials was sent to WES in Canada and now awaits the credential report and making arrangements to get assistant from an emigration Officer to complete a profile on CIC website. We both have masters degrees, one child, over $1900 CAD in the bank, my husband have 3 years of lecturing experience and he is a Dean of Discipline as well.

Is anyone on this site from Jamaica?
Do you think the assistance of an Immigration Officer will be more successful than doing it by ourselves?
What are our chances of getting an Invitation to apply on the CIC website?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Howdy Kerry,

The process looks daunting to begin with, but with some reading you'll learn to understand things yourself. If you have the luxury of money to spend on an immigration lawyer then obviously it's an option. That said, there are heaps of people in these forums who can answer any questions you may have on the process and what you can do to maximise your CRS score. In addition, with your education and being English speakers, I don't think you'll have too many problems :)

To understand your chance of getting an invitation, you should use a CRS calculator to assess your score:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Best of luck!

gravyflex

Oct 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03/2, CC 09/01
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17/03/2015
Med's Done....
02/04/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/03/2015
Hey Kerry,

This is where all the Jamaicans are: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21&title=jamaican-cases

We have a WhatsAppGroup with several EE folks. PM me your number and I will add you.

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016
Hi All,

Is the whatsapp group still active? I would love to join.

Omarrnikki23

Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please add me to the Jamaican watsapp group. 8981081

Omarrnikki23

Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello has anyone on here sent their transcript from utech to canada to be assessed? how long did utech take to send it?

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Omarrnikki23 said:
hello has anyone on here sent their transcript from utech to canada to be assessed? how long did utech take to send it?

I used WES. I sent my transcript from Utech and UWI to WES and i got back the assessed results in about two and a half (2.5 ) weeks. But thàt was in 2015 ( August 2015).

I don't know if the turn around time for WES have reduced or increased since then.

All the best.

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the whatsapp group still active? I would like to be added please.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Good Morning All,
After many many years. I finally got an ITA, filled out the form online last night BUT....I am not seeing where i need to upload anything.........so now Im confused.o_O. If there is still a support whatsapp group can i be added please.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi guys my name is Kerry and I am from Jamaica. My husband and I are interested in living in Canada, he recently took the IELTS Exams and got 9 in all areas. Also his credentials was sent to WES in Canada and now awaits the credential report and making arrangements to get assistant from an emigration Officer to complete a profile on CIC website. We both have masters degrees, one child, over $1900 CAD in the bank, my husband have 3 years of lecturing experience and he is a Dean of Discipline as well.

Is anyone on this site from Jamaica?
Do you think the assistance of an Immigration Officer will be more successful than doing it by ourselves?
What are our chances of getting an Invitation to apply on the CIC website?
The use of an immigration agent does not increase your rate of success. I'm sure you can see from this blog that majority of applicants study the process and apply on their own succesfully. You should follow the conversations at this link to learn more and get better guidance, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/