+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry and BC PNP Pilot program

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hello Guys,
I need help in determining the category for which I am eligible to apply for BC PNP Tech Pilot. Anyone please help me in determine the category for PR application via BC PNP Tech Pilot. This is my profile.

Canadian work experience: more than 1 year as post-doctoral research at University of British Columbia.
Employer: University of British Columbia.
Canadian job status: Job start by 2nd July-2018 and upto 31st March-2020. More than 1 year.
BC PNP TechPilot NOC: 2221
National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skills level A.
Education: Ph.D. from Japan. I never studied in Canada.

I have some questions please respond to each if you can!

In which of the following category I am eligible to apply for BC PNP Pilot?
Skills Immigration categories:
• Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker • Skills Immigration – Healthcare Professional
• Skills Immigration – International Graduate
• Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate
• Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled (Including employment in the Northeast Development Region of B.C.)
Express Entry BC categories: • Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker
• Express Entry BC – Healthcare Professional
• Express Entry BC – International Graduate
• Express Entry BC – International Post-Graduate

2nd query is that do I need ECA for my education outside Canada or not? Can I apply without ECA for tech Pilot? Without ECA and based on Canadian job offer will point be enough to get invitation?

My employer is University of British Columbia so what type of information is needed from my employer to qualify and apply for BC PNP Tech Pilot?

Thanking in advance for your time and looking forward for your kind response!

Regards

Princes Queen

Patiben

Nov 17, 2020
Hello,

I have the same situation as you described above. My doubt is if pos doc is this NOC 2221. Did you get the BC PNP TechPilot with this NOC?