+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry 2015 Preparation Join Here !!!

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
You dont need a job to create a file or get into a pool but getting a job in hand will enhance your chances of getting ITA

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Jkal said:
You dont need a job to create a file or get into a pool but getting a job in hand will enhance your chances of getting ITA
I agree because someone with a validated job offer will be 500-600 points ahead of someone without one.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

What will happen if I apply for SINP 2015 and after that apply for EE 2015 ?
IS it logical from the CIC's point of view if somebody applies for PNPs 2015 and also EE in the same time?

Please clarify.

Dlife

Jul 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Can somebody please help me in understanding how will the EE program actually work ? I read through the CIC website but still dont have much clarity.

I tried calculating my points which come around 330 (not sure if I did it right). I would be applying keeping my wife as primary applicant who is a Dietitian.

I have a bunch of questions now with this new EE process; would request you all to please help me with this.

1. Is it absolutely necessary to have a Job Offer in order to successfully attain PR through EE program ?

2. Dietitian is a regulated profession in Canada so I believe she cannot get job offer from Canada without getting license which can be attained only once she is in Canada. So how will this work? Anyone has any clue? I can see some members are already asking the same question in this Forum.

3. Can 330 points be considered decent to start up with the process ? What is the minimum cut-off for EE eligibility?

We are appearing for IELTS in early 2015. Hoping some guidance on this. Thanks..

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Marooned said:
Dear Seniors,

What will happen if I apply for SINP 2015 and after that apply for EE 2015 ?
IS it logical from the CIC's point of view if somebody applies for PNPs 2015 and also EE in the same time?

Please clarify.
Provincial nominees, such as SINP, add 600 points to EE. So you should create an EE profile and update it once your PN comes through - that way you will get in for sure.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
1 and 2. No, it is not necessary to have a Job Offer. If you have a JO with LMIA, you will get in for sure. Without it it will be a question of ranking. Follow the SS on my signature to see how well you do with your points.

3. No one knows for sure how many points you need. The cut-off will be set for each draw. So only in the end of January, after the first draw, we will find out the cut off.

Dlife said:
Hello All,

Can somebody please help me in understanding how will the EE program actually work ? I read through the CIC website but still dont have much clarity.

I tried calculating my points which come around 330 (not sure if I did it right). I would be applying keeping my wife as primary applicant who is a Dietitian.

I have a bunch of questions now with this new EE process; would request you all to please help me with this.

1. Is it absolutely necessary to have a Job Offer in order to successfully attain PR through EE program ?

2. Dietitian is a regulated profession in Canada so I believe she cannot get job offer from Canada without getting license which can be attained only once she is in Canada. So how will this work? Anyone has any clue? I can see some members are already asking the same question in this Forum.

3. Can 330 points be considered decent to start up with the process ? What is the minimum cut-off for EE eligibility?

We are appearing for IELTS in early 2015. Hoping some guidance on this. Thanks..

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Jkal said:
Hi there, are you sure about it? then what's meaning of "exemption"?
For Intra-company transfer, the job is exempt from LMIA if you want to work in Canada temporarily. But, if you want to apply for permanent residency, then this job/ job offer needs to be accompanied by LMIA even though you can work temporarily without LMIA. Is it clear now?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
namaste said:
For Intra-company transfer, the job is exempt from LMIA if you want to work in Canada temporarily. But, if you want to apply for permanent residency, then this job/ job offer needs to be accompanied by LMIA even though you can work temporarily without LMIA. Is it clear now?
From CIC site:-

Qualified intra-company transferees require work permits and are exempted from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) under paragraph R205(a) (exemption code C12) as they provide significant economic benefit to Canada through the transfer of their expertise to Canadian businesses. This applies to foreign nationals from any country, including under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS).

Intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge
Companies are able to transfer Canadians to overseas branches and foreign nationals to their Canadian
branch without a labour market impact assessment. Exemptions for intra-company transferees are also
explicitly stated in some trade agreements that Canada is a party to, such as the North American Free Trade
Agreement and the General Agreement on Trade in Services.
As a result, foreign nationals entering Canada using this labour market test exemption will be highly-skilled
and truly bring specialized knowledge to Canada. Some may be candidates to apply for permanent residence
here.
These provisions will continue to greatly benefit Canadian companies with operations abroad, allowing
them to compete globally and to provide jobs in Canada.

In a nutshell, i couldn't find any statement/fact on CIC site supporting the fact you have stated, though i couldn't find it otherwise.
I am not indicating that you are wrong, but you may not be right. :)

shaheryar_khan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Jeddah- KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 14
Doc's Request.
PCC request 8 March 2017
AOR Received.
12 MARCH'15
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Updated Doc Request: 18 Feb-2017
Rakeshjogi said:
Hi All,
My Name is Rakesh Kumar. I wish to apply for Express entry.

Some questions :

1) My IELTS score is : R: 5.5, L : 7.0 , W: 6.5 , S: 6.0 . Am i elgible?? I think i need to take it again :(
2) In My ECA My is slightly different from what is written in my Passport . I added a cover letter with an affidavit in My WES package but i think they did not consider it as they only mention name what is written on your degree and on your marksheets.

Name on ECA report: KUMAR, Rakesh Jogi
Name on Masters degree (MCA) : Rakesh Kumar Jogi
Name on Passport : Surname : Kumar and First name : Rakesh (Kumar Rakesh)

Do I need to Correct my degree and marksheets and do WES ECA again ?? or will it work ??

Thanks in advance
Rakesh
Dear better correct your name in all related documents. Before sending appliaction. Your name must be exactly the same in all the documents, that is Educational, passport ..etc

Better option is to make correction in MCA and passport rahter going for the expensive procedure of ECA.

BR.

Bebo2k

Sep 14, 2014
I had a question about the (Skill transferability factors) section, There are two columns, first one is ((Points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, one or more under 9)) & the second column is ((Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities)) . I am having an IELTS Score of L 7.5 W 7 R 7 S 7.5, should this recognized as CLB 9 in total or less and hence which column from those two I should use for calculating my points ?

Thanks.

viji123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
If we get a nomination from a particular province and we get a PR. Do we need to live and work only in that province and not anywhere else?
If I get a job in someother province , can i go ,work there and live?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Jkal said:
From CIC site:-

Qualified intra-company transferees require work permits and are exempted from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) under paragraph R205(a) (exemption code C12) as they provide significant economic benefit to Canada through the transfer of their expertise to Canadian businesses. This applies to foreign nationals from any country, including under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS).

Intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge
Companies are able to transfer Canadians to overseas branches and foreign nationals to their Canadian
branch without a labour market impact assessment. Exemptions for intra-company transferees are also
explicitly stated in some trade agreements that Canada is a party to, such as the North American Free Trade
Agreement and the General Agreement on Trade in Services.
As a result, foreign nationals entering Canada using this labour market test exemption will be highly-skilled
and truly bring specialized knowledge to Canada. Some may be candidates to apply for permanent residence
here.
These provisions will continue to greatly benefit Canadian companies with operations abroad, allowing
them to compete globally and to provide jobs in Canada.

In a nutshell, i couldn't find any statement/fact on CIC site supporting the fact you have stated, though i couldn't find it otherwise.
I am not indicating that you are wrong, but you may not be right. :)
Read this link about LMIA exemption for the purpose of applying to FSW program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

Based on this, LMIA expempted job offers can be considered for FSW only if the exemption is based on the two criterias:

-an international agreement (such as, the North American Free Trade Agreement) or
-a federal-provincial agreement.

In addition to being part of the above exemptions, the job offer would still have to be a permanent offer to qualify for FSW arranged employment.

So, LMIA exemption based on any other LMIA exemption criteria (including intra-company transfer unless it is explicitly covered by the international trade agreement with your country or a federal-provincial agreement) does not qualify for FSW application under arranged employment.

This LMIA exempt job could still qualify for other streams of PR application such as CEC or PNP, just not FSW.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
viji123 said:
If we get a nomination from a particular province and we get a PR. Do we need to live and work only in that province and not anywhere else?
If I get a job in someother province , can i go ,work there and live?
Provincial nominees can not live/work in other province before becoming citizen.