+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry 2015 Preparation Join Here !!!

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Also, there is a lot information already here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

For instance:
- Timeline:
- 1st draw: end of january;
- After draw, applicants will have up to 2 months to send documents digitally;
- Once your documentation is accepted the 6 months time will start to count;
- FSW: ECA is necessary;
- FST and CEC: ECA not necessary, optional;
- Misrepresentation ban: upped from 2 to 5 years;

The criteria should be the same as today. For FSW, it's this one, it won't change: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

The timeline also tells me there won't be a big impact on the processing of Applications at the CIO until February. After that it's a possibility.

There is this line confirming that not all applicants will need ECA:
Note: If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must have an ECA. If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class, an ECA is optional, but it may help you earn more points for education on the CRS and improve your chances of being drawn from the pool.

So it is not mandatory - but recommended because it get's you ahead.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
+1

author=idefix link=topic=232257.msg3799351#msg3799351 date=1417786416 said:
Also, there is a lot information already here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

For instance:
- Timeline:
- 1st draw: end of january;
- After draw, applicants will have up to 2 months to send documents digitally;
- Once your documentation is accepted the 6 months time will start to count;
- FSW: ECA is necessary;
- FST and CEC: ECA not necessary, optional;
- Misrepresentation ban: upped from 2 to 5 years;

The criteria should be the same as today. For FSW, it's this one, it won't change: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

The timeline also tells me there won't be a big impact on the processing of Applications at the CIO until February. After that it's a possibility.

There is this line confirming that not all applicants will need ECA:
Note: If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must have an ECA. If you are hoping to apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class, an ECA is optional, but it may help you earn more points for education on the CRS and improve your chances of being drawn from the pool.

So it is not mandatory - but recommended because it get's you ahead.

have to

Oct 21, 2014
hi i really need some clarification here..i wanted to apply under fsw but since i am late for this as i don't have ECA report yet so i am planning to apply underEE. could you plz guide me if i qualify or not? i am the principle applicant.i have one year experience as a psychologist i just got my ilets result..my husband has completed his secondary education only,he has done ilets though..and i have a baby..how much points can i claim is there any minimum points too?

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
have to said:
hi i really need some clarification here..i wanted to apply under fsw but since i am late for this as i don't have ECA report yet so i am planning to apply underEE. could you plz guide me if i qualify or not? i am the principle applicant.i have one year experience as a psychologist i just got my ilets result..my husband has completed his secondary education only,he has done ilets though..and i have a baby..how much points can i claim is there any minimum points too?
Read this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fswp-2014-ends-in-december-express-entry-details-out-t255128.0.html

Calculate your points here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Galusca1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
idefix said:
Points for each CLB: "in my case 23+31+31+31= 116"
Thank you, +1

Would you please also confirm if my understanding is right for the below(I think it is...wishing it wasn't because that means less points)?

Foreign work experience

I have +6 years work experience abroad, but I have one CLB 8.
Does that mean 25 points, instead of 50, right? Just because one CLB is below 9...

On the cic site it is written:

3 years or more of foreign work experience

- Points for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first OL abilities, one or more under 9: 25 points
- Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first OL abilities: 50 points

:(

Anca

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Galusca1981 said:
Thank you, +1

Would you please also confirm if my understanding is right for the below(I think it is...wishing it wasn't because that means less points)?

Foreign work experience

I have +6 years work experience abroad, but I have one CLB 8.
Does that mean 25 points, instead of 50, right? Just because one CLB is below 9...

On the cic site it is written:

3 years or more of foreign work experience

- Points for foreign work experience + CLB 7 or more on all first OL abilities, one or more under 9: 25 points
- Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first OL abilities: 50 points

:(

Anca
Yes, unfortunately that's correct.

I recommend you retake the IELTS again to improve your scores... the language points don't suffer as much, it's on the Skill Transferability Factors that a lower IELTS takes a bigger toll.

They really want applicants with a very high english level.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
idefix said:
Yes, unfortunately that's correct.

I recommend you retake the IELTS again to improve your scores... the language points don't suffer as much, it's on the Skill Transferability Factors that a lower IELTS takes a bigger toll.

They really want applicants with a very high english level.
+1 for actively responding to so many queries.. excellent job brother

gomzythakkar

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
I am so confused about EE rules. They say there is no specific occupation list to be eligible under EE and on other hand you have to be eligible under skiller worker or skilled trade program to enter pool. Now, I am a pharmacist and its not in skilled occupation list. so I am not eligible for skilled worker program. Can I still post my profile under Express Entry ? Thanks in advance !!!

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
gomzythakkar said:
I am so confused about EE rules. They say there is no specific occupation list to be eligible under EE and on other hand you have to be eligible under skiller worker or skilled trade program to enter pool. Now, I am a pharmacist and its not in skilled occupation list. so I am not eligible for skilled worker program. Can I still post my profile under Express Entry ? Thanks in advance !!!
I am sure some more information is yet to come. Information about the eligible occupations usually comes only a couple days before the program is to begin. So more information should be out late December.

zainab.p

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
Hi

I was preparng 2 apply for FSW -2241, but my ECA reports are delayed. Now a consultancy suggests that applying into EE wuld b bettr than FSW . Applying later in dec for FSW would b gud or waitng fr EE, plz suggest!!
As job offer nly wuld carry 50% pts.....wuld i stand a chance in the pool without THE offer???
My skill pts are -359/600

Tx

Alex1988

Oct 3, 2014
What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, no job offer or authorization from Employment and Social Development Canada (known as a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or LMIA) is needed.

It means Students who have open work permit do not need any LMIA

am I correct

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
khm said:
Super king ,In IELTS minimum Req. 6.0 , any explanation ? :'(
IELTS requirement is exactly same like now. Clb 7 for non trade occupation and clb 5 for trade occupations.