+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exporting a Vehicle from the U.S. and Importing into Canada: Complete Step-by-Step Guide

Johnny Rod

Feb 4, 2024
I have imported my vehicle last week and got the RIV inspection form too. Has anyone have the references for getting DRL(Daytime Running Lights) installation in Brampton/Mississauga ? I checked with Toyota service center and they are charging $250 for my 2016 Toyota Corolla. I have DRL knob in my car but Canadian Tire guy told me that it should be automatically ON when the engine is started. I believe I need to get it installed . Looking for recommendations.
Hi, am i able to cross the canadian border without dayrunning light and fix it in Canada? Or do i have to fix them before crossing?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi, am i able to cross the canadian border without dayrunning light and fix it in Canada? Or do i have to fix them before crossing?
Can cross? - Yes
Can register with province? - No, need DRL fixed

ontario24

Feb 6, 2024
Just adding my two cents on daytime running lights and the Canadian Tire RIV inspection. I imported a vehicle from the US last year.

It seems that some Canadian Tire locations may be testing for daytime running lights incorrectly.

The lights should come on when the vehicle is in gear. However, some locations are checking for the lights only while in park.

If your lights come on while in gear, but not in park, you have daytime running lights.

You can call the RIV for clarification if need be. Good luck!

Reactions: Johnny Rod