+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry of PGWP before recieving Provincial nomination (SINP)

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hello everyone,

I graduated from BC in April and started working in Saskatoon on 22nd May, 2012. (New rules apply on me)
I haven't yet applied for my PGWP but can do so until 3rd August, 2012. The thing is, I need to work for an year before i can apply for the nomination. Say I apply for the PGWP on 1st August and get the WP on 15th of August. I work for an year and next year i.e. 2013, I will be able to apply for the nomination on 22nd May. I will have the PGWP valid till 15th of August 2013 as I studied for 1 year.

I will be left with about 2 and a half months for getting the nomination. Would it be good enough. I will also have an extra month to work under implied status as I will apply for another work permit and will be able to work till the time I get the reply from CIC.

What do everyone thinks about the situation. Should I go for my PGWP or should I study for another year a get 3 year permit in stead.

P.S. My current employer is very supportive and I am pretty much sure that she will try to get an LMO under the HRSDC initiative to retain PGWP holders and who have a job offer under NOC 0,A or B, which I will have.

Input is much appreciated.