+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry Date PCC

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
My deadline to apply is November 5th, 2018.

In my country, PCC states that the document is valid for 30 days on from the issue date; my PCC was issued on September 18th, 2018, so technically according to the local institution it will expire in 3 days. However, ICC says this:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html)

So, if that sentence that appears in the very official page is true, there shouldn't be any problem due to the expiry date that is stated in the letter; the only thing that really matters is the issue date. So I shouldn't have any trouble submitting the PCC I have, even after October 18th.

But my question is: is this really rock solid information? I’ve read about people who got rejected because PCC was expired (although no one specifies if the document stated the expiration date or the document was more than 6 months older).

Is it possible that, on practice, ICC contradicts its own website?