+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiring Police Certificate

Jun 11, 2018
Hello and good evening everyone,

Just a quick question, I am about to send my application documents to Mississauga office (I am in Chatham), but what I worry about is that my Wife's Police Certificates will expire 3-AUG-2018 (She is from Cambodia), if by the time my application reaches the CIC office it goes past that time will they return the whole application or will they ask me to send new Police Certificates? I am thinking that while its being submitted she start the process to get a new certificate (since it takes about a month) so if they ask me for a new certificate I can send them, does anyone else have a similar experiance to me?

Also on a different note, for documents to show proof of relationship (we met through facebook 7 years ago) I submitted letters I sent her from 2013 and ones she sent me too, would they be valid?

Thank you all for your help!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if you send the application now and as at the time its received by IRCC, the PCC will not be expired (expire 3-AUG-2018).

However, you IRCC will send AOR within 6 to 8 weeks......and likely by the time the application is been reviewed to send AOR the PCC will be expired.

You may also consider applying for new PCC as it takes 1month to obtain before submitting your application.

If you decide to send the PCC expiring 3-AUG-2018, you may include a note that you are aware its expiring and already request a new PCC and don't want your application returned because of the PCC.

letter from 2013 between couples is okay to submit......and also provide some recent messages, Facebook, chats, visits, etc.