+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expiring permit and travel

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi guys,

So my current study permit expires on Jan 8, 2020 and I applied for an extension on Sep 28. At the time processing time was 44 days. Now it has increased to 99 days, which is ridiculous.

I intend to travel back home over the winter break and ideally I was hoping to leave with my Extended study permit but now I guess that will be unlikely. If I return to Canada before my permit and visa expire i.e., before Jan 8th; will I be able to enter without any problems? Given the situation, I am planning to return on the 3rd of January but wondering if Border immigration services would create any problems? Is it advisable to travel? Any of you tried entering with an expiring permit/visa?

Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

So my current study permit expires on Jan 8, 2020 and I applied for an extension on Sep 28. At the time processing time was 44 days. Now it has increased to 99 days, which is ridiculous.

I intend to travel back home over the winter break and ideally I was hoping to leave with my Extended study permit but now I guess that will be unlikely. If I return to Canada before my permit and visa expire i.e., before Jan 8th; will I be able to enter without any problems? Given the situation, I am planning to return on the 3rd of January but wondering if Border immigration services would create any problems? Is it advisable to travel? Any of you tried entering with an expiring permit/visa?

Feedback is appreciated!

Thanks
You should be fine to enter before Jan 8th. Carry proof of the extension app.