IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Unless you get a signed letter by the Indian Consulate explaining your side of the story, then there's not much that can be done. Of course the consulate will never give this.

They said they'll explain it to CIC if they reach out but CIC will not reach out to a consulate for a student related matter.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrp801 said:
Hi was anyone in the same boat that can help or has information because I really need help guys!
1. What's the status on your passport now, Have you got it or is it under process?

2. your 90 days restoration period expired which means you have no status at this time. However, your communication with CIC and Indian Consulate will help you get your status restored. This seems quite genuine situation you have and on humanitarians ground under sec 25 of Immigration Law, you should have bright chances of getting your status restored. However, you must have a valid passport. So you need to first resolve your passport issue now. Indian Consulate Office won't contact CIC and CIC won't contact ICO. Hence, try working it out with Indian Consulate as it's your own country and your right for a passport under IPC and passport ACT.

3. You should consult a qualified immigration lawyer (not just a ICCRC approved consultant, but a Lawyer).

4. The case you were looking for on this forum, I precisely remember it. People discouraged him as well as he was told he stands no chance now and should return to home country and apply. He hired a lawyer and things got sorted out (of course his situation was also genuine which is very important as they will consider your case basis your circumstances)

Finally, don't loose hope, get in touch with right people, right info and act fast.

Good Luck!

vrp801

Nov 2, 2014
Yes! My new passport was sent to me and is valid. I'm trying to get the Consulate to write a letter explaining the situation. I've also been looking for Immigration Lawyers in my city for a consultation so I hope I hire one ASAP. I saw the post with the guy who finally received a new permit so I'm hoping my situation will also resolve in the same way. Thank you again for your advice!!

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Great then buddy !!! Take sabby and tereki suggestion and act immediately! I think it will all sort out :D Do Update !!!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
vrp801 said:
Yes! My new passport was sent to me and is valid. I'm trying to get the Consulate to write a letter explaining the situation. I've also been looking for Immigration Lawyers in my city for a consultation so I hope I hire one ASAP. I saw the post with the guy who finally received a new permit so I'm hoping my situation will also resolve in the same way. Thank you again for your advice!!
again u dont need a lawyer - you may consult them for opinion - if I were u - I wont pay a $ or half to anyone

once for all - do whats been suggested / again the views expressed here are part of discussion forum and by experiences..

above this is ur choice

good luck

vrp801

Nov 2, 2014
The only update I have so far is that I've been recommended to apply for a TRP which I will be doing in the next few days. I still haven't heard from the Embassy but am hoping they'll provide me a letter to give to CIC. Hopefully, a TRP will resolve this issue!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Who told you to apply for a TRP? This doesn't make sense.

A TRP is for someone who is outside of Canada, is inadmissible, and wants to visit Canada.

You can't restore you status with a TRP.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
vrp801 said:
The only update I have so far is that I've been recommended to apply for a TRP which I will be doing in the next few days. I still haven't heard from the Embassy but am hoping they'll provide me a letter to give to CIC. Hopefully, a TRP will resolve this issue!
no point in u dragging comments - most of us advised u what to do.. not sure why it wont strike ?

vrp801

Nov 2, 2014
I was advised by a lawyer as well as a Paralegal. I'm not dragging comments so Terki, please feel free to unfollow this post. TRP can be applied while inside Canada but is the last resort.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
dude - dont dictate - either follow wise advise by people here or stay cornered

i still wish u good luck