+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PRTD

oncar2004

Oct 19, 2016
Hello,
I have stuck up with very very unusual situation. Myself and my wife are landed PR in 2013. We could not met residency obligation and applied for PRTD. We have been granted R1 PRTD for 6 months validity for me and 12 months PRTD for my wife. We had planned and booked tickets but due to this Covid 19 our flight was cancelled. My country was under lockdown condition. And we had planned to travel with our small kids (3 years and 5 years old) and my father. But we couldn't travel. I have mailed to IRCC about my condition. Meanwhile my PRTD has expired. My wife's PRTD is live. Situation is still horrible due to Covid 19. And is it advisable to travel with small kids and senior citizen as they are at highest risk? And r there any chance to get my PRTD renewed?
I am in similar situation and looking for some guidance, can you please help? If i move now i will breach residency requirements by about 30 days. I had to be in india to take care of my parents. Then when i tried moving to canada covid prevented me. Could you please help me with some details and how to present my case to them?

drdenil

Jul 4, 2014
I am in similar situation and looking for some guidance, can you please help? If i move now i will breach residency requirements by about 30 days. I had to be in india to take care of my parents. Then when i tried moving to canada covid prevented me. Could you please help me with some details and how to present my case to them?
Can u provide in detail about ur case from beginning?

oncar2004

Oct 19, 2016
I land
Can u provide in detail about ur case from beginning?
Thanks for your response. I landed in canada as PR on 23 sep 2017. 5 years anniversary on 23 sep 2022. Today days spent in canada so far are 20.
I Went back to india in 2 weeks after landing to take care of my mom. No one else could take care of her due to knee used. I entered back to canada for 1 week in Nov 2019. Tried finding apartments. Then went back to usa in a week to wrap up few things related to work. Came back to canada to drop my first luggage bags off on 22 frb 2020. I went back to usa after a week. I was planning to move to canada for good in March 2020 Then covid started closing down things. Then borders were closed so i couldn't make a move because my employer backed out on the job offer. Now i have a new job but i am falling short of 30 days. I don't want to risk the status by trying to enter through land border and run into issues later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I land
Thanks for your response. I landed in canada as PR on 23 sep 2017. 5 years anniversary on 23 sep 2022. Today days spent in canada so far are 20.
I Went back to india in 2 weeks after landing to take care of my mom. No one else could take care of her due to knee used. I entered back to canada for 1 week in Nov 2019. Tried finding apartments. Then went back to usa in a week to wrap up few things related to work. Came back to canada to drop my first luggage bags off on 22 frb 2020. I went back to usa after a week. I was planning to move to canada for good in March 2020 Then covid started closing down things. Then borders were closed so i couldn't make a move because my employer backed out on the job offer. Now i have a new job but i am falling short of 30 days. I don't want to risk the status by trying to enter through land border and run into issues later.
Your best option is to enter Canada as soon as possible and remain for 2years or compliant with your RO. You are unlikely to be reported with such a minimal amount of time.

Azeus

Oct 14, 2019
Hello,
I have stuck up with very very unusual situation. Myself and my wife are landed PR in 2013. We could not met residency obligation and applied for PRTD. We have been granted R1 PRTD for 6 months validity for me and 12 months PRTD for my wife. We had planned and booked tickets but due to this Covid 19 our flight was cancelled. My country was under lockdown condition. And we had planned to travel with our small kids (3 years and 5 years old) and my father. But we couldn't travel. I have mailed to IRCC about my condition. Meanwhile my PRTD has expired. My wife's PRTD is live. Situation is still horrible due to Covid 19. And is it advisable to travel with small kids and senior citizen as they are at highest risk? And r there any chance to get my PRTD renewed?
Sir, if I may ask? When had you applied for PRTD? and how long did it take?

rommel.shakil

Jan 5, 2021
Hi: My mother is a permanent residence as of now in Canada. But she is living in back home for the last 4 years. Her PR card has expired in 2018. In the last 5 years, she stayed in Canada only for 6 months. What is her probability to get PRTD? She now wants to come Canada and stay for long time. What type of compelling cases I need to establish to increase the opportunity to get PRTD? She does not have anyone back home to look after her as all her kids are living abroad. She is all alone. Will this living by herself can be used as a compelling case? What compelling case will give more opportunity for PRTD? Please advise.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi: My mother is a permanent residence as of now in Canada. But she is living in back home for the last 4 years. Her PR card has expired in 2018. In the last 5 years, she stayed in Canada only for 6 months. What is her probability to get PRTD? She now wants to come Canada and stay for long time. What type of compelling cases I need to establish to increase the opportunity to get PRTD? She does not have anyone back home to look after her as all her kids are living abroad. She is all alone. Will this living by herself can be used as a compelling case? What compelling case will give more opportunity for PRTD? Please advise.
1. Pretty low, unless she can demonstrate H&C why she remained outside Canada. Living alone probably won't fly as she has been living alone for the last 5 years.

rommel.shakil

Jan 5, 2021
I agree about loneliness part....but now as getting older and old age sickness, its very difficult to stay any further.....also, another reason for short stay was initially she thought that she can stay with us without our dad (just before her first arrival), my dad passed away. Later my dad's grief could not let her stay here with us. Now, with grief stage away and old age with various sickness and no kids around, its becoming quite impossible for her to stay alone. Previous loneliness and current loneliness situation is different. Any idea how H&C ground I can build in this case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree about loneliness part....but now as getting older and old age sickness, its very difficult to stay any further.....also, another reason for short stay was initially she thought that she can stay with us without our dad (just before her first arrival), my dad passed away. Later my dad's grief could not let her stay here with us. Now, with grief stage away and old age with various sickness and no kids around, its becoming quite impossible for her to stay alone. Previous loneliness and current loneliness situation is different. Any idea how H&C ground I can build in this case?
Not coming to Canada to be with your family and maintain your RO because of grief is not a very good reason. If she wanted to secure her status in Canada as she got older then she should have prioritized remaining in Canada. I assume she didn’t meet her RO for a long time if she didn’t renew her PR card in 2018. All you can do is try getting a PRTD or entering via the US border and plead her case.