+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without renouncing to PRs
Also, the 2 other kids who have PRs are 11 and 8 years old. If we stay in Canada for 6 months and then application to renew visitior's visa of the youngest child will be denied, could it be helpful to write that the Twovolder kids already got used to Canadian school so for children's best is to stay in Canada.
If you apply for H&C for your youngest child you will bring attention to the fact that you don't meet your residency requirements.

Reactions: Asking for advice

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you mean that in your opinion the best choice in our situation will be to land ASAP before PRs expired?
Yes but you have to be ready to commit to 2 years without leaving Canada and taking the risk of getting reported. If you all show up without valid PR cards it will be quite hard not to notice you have not met your residency requirements.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
If we arrive just me, my husband and oldest kids with PR. In the same flight arrives the youngest child with his grandmother ( my mome) with ETAs. Will this arise our chances not to be reported? Afer this the youngest child will stay with us in Canada amd my mome will go back to home country. After 6 months my mome and the youngest child will go to US for few hours and go entrance again. We can do this every 6 months till we fulfill the 2 years staying in Canada for PRs and then apply for sponsorship of the youngest child. What do you think of this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If we arrive just me, my husband and oldest kids with PR. In the same flight arrives the youngest child with his grandmother ( my mome) with ETAs. Will this arise our chances not to be reported? Afer this the youngest child will stay with us in Canada amd my mome will go back to home country. After 6 months my mome and the youngest child will go to US for few hours and go entrance again. We can do this every 6 months till we fulfill the 2 years staying in Canada for PRs and then apply for sponsorship of the youngest child. What do you think of this?
Yeah might be an idea although doesn't mean you won't get reported. Don't have your child leave Canada because they could be refused admission. Much safer to extend visitor status from within Canada.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
I am concerned about the point of asking for visitor's visa extention for the youngest child. Do you think it is likely that the authorities will renew his visa several times till we complete 2 years in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am concerned about the point of asking for visitor's visa extention for the youngest child. Do you think it is likely that the authorities will renew his visa several times till we complete 2 years in Canada?
Would be longer than 2 years because you have to renew your PR card before applying for sponsorship. I can't say about the extension. I think there are good chances of getting an extension based on what we have seen in the forum but not sure if you will get 4 or more. It is really up to the employee at CIC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Might work for your child. Definitely won't work for your mother.

If you want to try this route, I would strongly recommend bringing your child and having your mother stay behind.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Without renouncing to PRs
Also, the 2 other kids who have PRs are 11 and 8 years old. If we stay in Canada for 6 months and then application to renew visitior's visa of the youngest child will be denied, could it be helpful to write that the Twovolder kids already got used to Canadian school so for children's best is to stay in Canada.
You need to understand that there are so many variables that may or may not happen, nobody here can say for sure what any final result will be.

You may be reported upon entry to Canada for not meeting RO, or you may not.
If RO detected you may have your H&C reasons accepted by CBSA, you may not.
You may have your child's visitor status extensions all accepted, you may not.
If reported or RO violation later discovered and you appeal you may eventually win your appeal on H&C grounds, or you may not.

Everything is unpredictable, so the only way to know for sure is to try and see what happens. There are many things that can go wrong here with negative results, so it's important you know what can potentially happen and be prepared if things don't work out.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
You need to understand that there are so many variables that may or may not happen, nobody here can say for sure what any final result will be.

You may be reported upon entry to Canada for not meeting RO, or you may not.
If RO detected you may have your H&C reasons accepted by CBSA, you may not.
You may have your child's visitor status extensions all accepted, you may not.
If reported or RO violation later discovered and you appeal you may eventually win your appeal on H&C grounds, or you may not.

Everything is unpredictable, so the only way to know for sure is to try and see what happens. There are many things that can go wrong here with negative results, so it's important you know what can potentially happen and be prepared if things don't work out.
Are there any legal ways to stay in Canada after we enter Canada in case we get a refuse to keep PR for humanitarian reasons? Like a job offer? My husband has Canadian licence in his profession so hopefully he will find a job soon enough. In case one of us works - is it possible to ask for a job offer from the same work and then ask for a work visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are there any legal ways to stay in Canada after we enter Canada in case we get a refuse to keep PR for humanitarian reasons? Like a job offer? My husband has Vanadian electriciam licence so hopefully he will find a job soon enough. In case one of us works - is it possible to ask for a job offer from the same work and then ask for a work visa?
You could certainly try but there's no guarantee it would turn out. The employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA (in addition to giving you a job offer). Your husband would then have to apply for a work permit - you and your children would have to apply for visas as well. Really impossible to say what would be approved - might all work out or it might not. Also impossible to say if this would be achievable without leaving Canada. You might have to leave for a period of time and then return once all of the paperwork is sorted.