+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
Is there a possibility that the authorities will not agree to renew a visitor status of the child so that we all will have to live after first 6 months?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing is guaranteed and your situation is more complicated than just the visitor status. It is unlikely but nobody can really guarantee the outcome. Luckily if you are from a visa exempt country your child will at least be able to get into Canada. That is usually a big obstacle.

Reactions: Asking for advice

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Is there a possibility that the authorities will not agree to renew a visitor status of the child so that we all will have to live after first 6 months?
Yes as I said, visitor extensions are not guaranteed. You will need to apply for his status extension every time his current status is about to expire, which could be every 6 months or even more frequently if he's given less than 6 months at any given time). There is a possibility any extension request in the future could be denied.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
The issue will be your son. You will have to anticipate not being able to sponsor him for 3 years at least. Just want to clarify that you are from a visa exempt country and only need an ETA. You clearly left while you were still pregnant so you planned to have your child abroad. There are many children with asthma in Canada so that is not a very valid reason for not moving to Canada. Your son's lack of Canadian PR will likely trigger CBSA to look at how long you have been out of Canada. Nobody can say for sure.
I left to my home country in 2013 when I wasn't pregnant and became pregnant about 2 months later. The reason for leaving was that I had to take few professional tests in order to get Canadian license to work in my profession, as I failed a test that I took in June 2013 and so couldn't start working in my pofession. In my home country I could work and study while in Canada I couldn't work with my profession.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I left to my home country in 2013 when I wasn't pregnant and became pregnant about 2 months later. The reason for leaving was that I had to take few professional tests in order to get Canadian license to work in my profession, as I failed a test that I took in June 2013 and so couldn't start working in my pofession. In my home country I could work and study while in Canada I couldn't work with my profession.
Unfortunately that is viewed as personal choice.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
Do you think in this situation it will be wiser to cancel the PRs and start from beginning a new application for PR? Or enter Canafa ASAP , find some job and in case we will have to live the country at least we will have a Canadian experience or may be a job offer so things will be easier then? We are about 40 years old.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think in this situation it will be wiser to cancel the PRs and start from beginning a new application for PR? Or enter Canafa ASAP , find some job and in case we will have to live the country at least we will have a Canadian experience or may be a job offer so things will be easier then? We are about 40 years old.
We can't make that decision for you. You need to calculate how many points you have under the Express Entry system to understand your chances of being selected for PR if you apply now. Your age is really going to work against you. Right now you need 440+ points to be selected.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
It is Israel.
By the way, my husband's father suffered from diabetic foot all those years so my husband was helping him on usual basis as he could hardly walk. The plan was to leave after we can earn 2 salaries in Canada so he will have an option to send him some money to get a caregiver help.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
Thank you very much for your help. If we enter Canada and find jobs, will it be possible to apply for working visas for those jobs or it will be much more complicated?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your help. If we enter Canada and find jobs, will it be possible to apply for working visas for those jobs or it will be much more complicated?
Enter Canada how? Do you mean after renouncing your PR status or without renouncing your PR status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is Israel.
By the way, my husband's father suffered from diabetic foot all those years so my husband was helping him on usual basis as he could hardly walk. The plan was to leave after we can earn 2 salaries in Canada so he will have an option to send him some money to get a caregiver help.
It is Israel.
Given that his wife was alive and you may have more family around it may is hard to blame the absence on a diabetic foot although I know it can become a serious problem and lead to amputation. The cancer will be viewed as a serious issue. I understand the need for 2 salaries but it also sounds like you may have needed to put 2 children in daycare which would have probably made it difficult to send money home. Depending on your ages I would look at whether you would qualify for PR again if necessary. Unfortunately you are in a tough position. It is hard to relocate not knowing whether you will be reported and not be able to settle in Canada. Your family would also need to stay in Canada for 2 years straight which may not be possible due to family or job commitments.

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
We can get about 370 points due to age.
Is there a possibility to apply for PR renewal due to humanitarial reasons while the family is in home country?

Asking for advice

Jun 15, 2018
Enter Canada how? Do you mean after renouncing your PR status or without renouncing your PR status?
Without renouncing to PRs
Also, the 2 other kids who have PRs are 11 and 8 years old. If we stay in Canada for 6 months and then application to renew visitior's visa of the youngest child will be denied, could it be helpful to write that the Twovolder kids already got used to Canadian school so for children's best is to stay in Canada.