+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR Card

k9k2

Oct 5, 2007
Hello

I have a weird Situation, any feedback would be appreciated.

Lived in Canada from 1996 as Refugee
PR Card was finally issued in January 2003 under Humanitarian and companionate basis.
Moved to US in July 2003 for Business opportunity
US Green Card was issued in Oct 2003 from Mother (she sponsored 10 years ago)
Married to a Canadian Citizen girl in July 2005

I cross border from Buffalo to Toronto almost 3 to 4 times a week as US Resident ( No problem what so ever)
I have been pulled over few times at the Canadian border for updates, they have all my Record, they know I have a Canadian Wife and I live in states as US Resident.
I was told from the immigration officer at the Canadian border that my PR Card is no longer valid anymore because I have spent only few months out of 5 years.
I consulted with a lawyer; he said my status is protected because of a Canadian Citizen wife.
Currently my intensions are to live in US until I find a better business opportunity in Canada.

Now my PR Card is expiring in Jan 2008, Should I renew it? Or let it expire?
My US Citizenship will be due in Oct 2008, should I wait to get my US passport and then reapply for Canadian PR CARD?

Any Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
In the above post, you are claiming that you "Lived in Canada from 1996 as Refugee;" also that a "PR card was finally issued in January 2003 under Humanitarian and [Compassionate] basis;" and moreover, you also claimed in the above post that "US Green Card was issued in Oct 2003 from Mother (she sponsored 10 years ago)."

Now, in a previous post of yours, you claimed that you were denied entry into Canada as a refugee and that you were deported from the U.S., and you wondered whether this will affect your interview - as quoted:

Quoted from: k9k2 on October 05, 2007, 03:40:01 pm

Hello,
Will it make any effect to my interview?

I was deported from USA to Pakistan in 2005,

Here how it goes.
While living in USA, I applied for Canadian Immigration under Skilled Worker (islamabad office) in 2003.
Out of desperation and stress from US expired Status, i tried to enter Canada as a Refugee. but i was turnd Back from the Border after a long interview with a Refugee board.
Canadain immigration Handed me over US Immigration at the border.
Due to expired Status in States and Order of Deportation was already released i was arrested and kept in a Detention Center till i was deported back to Pakistan.
Now i am living in Pakistan and finally Canadian Consulated have asked for updated Documents.(means interview date is very near)

My Question is, Deportation + Attempt to enter Canada will effect my CASE?

All responses will be appreciated.

Thank You
quoted from link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/deported-from-usa-t5952.0.html;msg16525#msg16525

Therefore, it is clear that you have posted conflicting stories on your own behalf; so, which is which?

If you are posting stories on behalf of someonelse, you must at least indicate this in your post; otherwise, you will loose credibility with conflicting stories posted as if they pertain to you - this is just a cautionary observation.

k9k2 said:
Hello

PR Card was finally issued in January 2003 under Humanitarian and companionate basis.

I cross border from Buffalo to Toronto almost 3 to 4 times a week as US Resident ( No problem what so ever)
I have been pulled over few times at the Canadian border for updates, they have all my Record, they know I have a Canadian Wife and I live in states as US Resident.
I was told from the immigration officer at the Canadian border that my PR Card is no longer valid anymore because I have spent only few months out of 5 years.
I consulted with a lawyer; he said my status is protected because of a Canadian Citizen wife.
Currently my intensions are to live in US until I find a better business opportunity in Canada.

My US Citizenship will be due in Oct 2008, should I wait to get my US passport and then reapply for Canadian PR CARD?

Thanks

k9k2

Oct 5, 2007
I didnt mean to disrespect any one here in any case, i apologize for any confusion here.

we are 2 brothers, and we both have different situations. Both are the 2 differnt True sitations. I should have registered a new user ID but didnt realize it would matter to anyone.

Again any feedback would be appreciated on the above case.

Thank You

R K Mehta

May 5, 2007
Hi

Apply for renewal of PR card and you would know the factual situation. They may not renew it because you have stayed in Canada for less than 730 days. If that is the case and you wish to settle in Canada later on, your Canadian wife may have to apply under Family Visa [Spouse] programme. If that is approved you would get a fresh PR card on arrival.

R K Mehta

k9k2 said:
Hello

Thanks