+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
Reactions: Mrs. Patel

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

Who can apply
To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
  2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.
  3. You either
    1. have a temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid PGWP, visitor record, or another permit that allows you to stay in Canada), or
    2. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ve already applied to restore it, or
    3. lost your temporary resident status, but you’ll apply to restore it at the same time as applying for this open work permit
  4. You include in your application that you’re applying for an open work permit under this public policy.
  5. You have a valid passport.
    1. The work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date of approval or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. For example, if your passport is valid for 6 months, then you will be issued an open work permit for 6 months.
    2. To maximize the duration of the open work permit, make sure your passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date of approval.
I meet all this condition, but still I am faced problem

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hello Guys,

I wonder how much do we need to pay if work permit is about to expire soon? Im kinda confused with the breakdown of amount posted in the website. Thanks in advanced.

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Just write the line they asked
a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holderer

Also, what options you get after completing the questionnaire:

Application IMM5710

Supporting documents
Passport
Digital Photo

Optional documents:
Schedule 1 (no need to fill)
Client information( this is where we need to upload the letter)

do you see any option or section other than this?
Also, I guess we need to put our PGWP copy combined with passport in one pdf file
yes, saw the same documents checklist as you mentioned above. Some says that we have to upload LOE letter in with passport document or we can upload in client information section?

whisperedmeticulous

May 9, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know we need to include which date our former PGWP expired in the explanation letter?

I already sent it out with the line "applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders" in the letter. But I didn't mention my previous PGWP expiry date, which was on May 11, 2020.

Should I correct it and replace my letter of explanation through the CIC web form?

Thank you very much for the great help!

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I also have the same problem with the question of your current status expiry date. IRCC didn't precise anything and I am on implied status for a visitor record. I am assuming that from the date of expiry (WP) + 6 months, this will be my expiry date of current implied status.

I think they should have said something about this because a lot of ppl will have the same problem. A bit incompetent by IRCC!

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
hi , if my current job makes me go to the US and back by truck occasionally, does that disqualify me ?
No. At the time of application, you should be in Canada to apply for it and since it is part of your job, the travelling is a work duty.

I think there are 2 part in it. Apply in Canada and have a canadian address to prove you are in Canada staying

Last edited:
Reactions: rajpotula

ideepen

Jan 31, 2021
India
Thank you very much for sharing Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detail. I am really excited and one of the most excited guys about it.
Also, Can anyone please share LOR Format or what we suppose to include in that latter under public policy pgwp extension apply?? Ome tv
Thanks in advance for this one also.

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone know we need to include which date our former PGWP expired in the explanation letter?

I already sent it out with the line "applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders" in the letter. But I didn't mention my previous PGWP expiry date, which was on May 11, 2020.

Should I correct it and replace my letter of explanation through the CIC web form?

Thank you very much for the great help!
Hi,

Can you please share the format for that letter? I need to make one.