+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired IELTS but received ITA

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
That's not a problem. Your CRS has to be higher than the cutoff when you apply and when you receive the ITA (it can change but it has to be higher). There is no loopholes that let you game the system.
That is a loophole, you're not using the same language test result to apply for your AOR as you're using to obtain your ITA, which should be the case.

I'm not so sure where your certitude on the matter stems from.

While yes, it's true that over the course of your application's assessment, as long as your CRS points don't drop below the cut-off score your application gets approved, however that doesn't mean that you can switch in and switch out information at your discretion post-ITA before you submit your AOR.

There is a reason why your profile locks, so that you can't edit the core information with which you received your ITA, because that's the basis on which your application will be assessed upon.

I think you're underestimating the situation.

Last edited:

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
That is a loophole, you're not using the same language test result to apply for your AOR as you're using to obtain your ITA, which should be the case.

I'm not so sure where your certitude on the matter stems from.

While yes, it's true that over the course of your application's assessment, as long as your CRS points don't drop below the cut-off score your application gets approved, however that doesn't mean that you can switch in and switch out information at your discretion post-ITA before you submit your AOR.

There is a reason why your profile locks, so that you can't edit the core information with which you received your ITA, because that's the basis on which your application will be assessed upon.

I think you're underestimating the situation.
Because people got their copr with similar situation before? Misrepresentation is a different matter.
It‘s not like you can gain anything from this so how is this a loophole.
You can change the information as long as you are not cheating. It’s not the ideal situation but it worked in the past.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You need to have valid ielts/eca at ITA. The reason is people can use junk ielts/eca numbers as placeholders and use the 60 day deadline to appear for ielts or get eca circumventing the queue. Now if the ielts or eca expires after ita then it's a different story. You can get a new one within the 60 day deadline.

jar_brz

Oct 30, 2019
Hello all,
Could you guys please help with one issue?
I mistyped one of the Celpip scores in my profile. I changed the information before receiving the ITA and the correct score was locked in my profile.
The problem is that I changed this information after the draw (after the draw, but before the ITA), and I am concerned it could be considered misrepresentation (My profile was assessed again and I am still eligible).

Should I explain the situation in the LoE or the locked profile will be used to assess the provided information before the post-ITA application??

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Dijalpha

Jan 7, 2023
Hi,
Please help. I got nominated by OINP under French speaking stream. Now, my IELTS has expired. But French is my first language. I received the 600 CSR score already on my EE profile. I am waiting to receive an ITA. Should I submit my application for PR even if my IELTS has expired?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
Please help. I got nominated by OINP under French speaking stream. Now, my IELTS has expired. But French is my first language. I received the 600 CSR score already on my EE profile. I am waiting to receive an ITA. Should I submit my application for PR even if my IELTS has expired?
At the time of application submission it should be valid.

Dijalpha

Jan 7, 2023
At the time of application submission, it should be valid.
Thanks a lot, @Taran D
I have an IELTS exam scheduled for the 25th of February. If I receive ITA, I have 60 days before submitting. Maybe I can manage to get the IELTS results before submitting for PR. But if I received ITA, my Express Entry Profile will be locked right? And should I send it on my eAPR profile?

Thanks

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot, @Taran D
I have an IELTS exam scheduled for the 25th of February. If I receive ITA, I have 60 days before submitting. Maybe I can manage to get the IELTS results before submitting for PR. But if I received ITA, my Express Entry Profile will be locked right? And should I send it on my eAPR profile?

Thanks
Do you need your IELTS if you have the 600 points already? Can you just remove it from your profile? If at the time of ITA you don’t have a valid IELTS result, you cannot claim any point based on that.

Dijalpha

Jan 7, 2023
Do you need your IELTS if you have the 600 points already? Can you just remove it from your profile? If at the time of ITA you don’t have a valid IELTS result, you cannot claim any point based on that.
Thank you for your response.
Are you asking me to remove my IELTS from my EE profile?
If yes, I was wondering if IRCC will not ask me to provide it, since I am selected under the Ontario French Speaking stream and IELTS at least CLB6 is required. Otherwise, there is no need to have it on my EE profile, I lost some points for it before nomination by OINP but I am still above the CRS score that OINP issued EOI.

Thanks

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Thank you for your response.
Are you asking me to remove my IELTS from my EE profile?
If yes, I was wondering if IRCC will not ask me to provide it, since I am selected under the Ontario French Speaking stream and IELTS at least CLB6 is required. Otherwise, there is no need to have it on my EE profile, I lost some points for it before nomination by OINP but I am still above the CRS score that OINP issued EOI.

Thanks
I’d suggest call IRCC or talk to a reputable lawyer to be sure if it’s ok to remove.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks a lot, @Taran D

Thanks
Yes that's the point. See the thing is it depends upon the officer they may ask for a new one or simply give you a refusal or a ban in worse case. I would suggest not to risk submitting it like that. Look you would have invested your life to that why to risk it just for a reason you know very well to avoid.Rest is your wish I can only give my point of view.

Dijalpha

Jan 7, 2023
Yes that's the point. See the thing is it depends upon the officer they may ask for a new one or simply give you a refusal or a ban in worse case. I would suggest not to risk submitting it like that. Look you would have invested your life to that why to risk it just for a reason you know very well to avoid.Rest is your wish I can only give my point of view.
Thank you, it is good advice indeed. I came far to get a nomination for FSW. Another I thing, I forgot to mentioned is that my wife's test language will also expiry on the 20 February 2023. But she had a TEF scheduled already.

I also saw this on this website: https://www.bcimmigration.com/expiration-language-test-results-express-entry-processing/
  • If a candidate receives an Invitation to apply (ITA) on September 1st and his Language Test Results expire on September 2nd, the candidate should only submit his application for Permanent Residence (APR) if he has new Language test results. If the candidate is unable to receive new results within the 60 days period to submit his APR, then candidate should decline the invitation. If candidate submits his APR with expired results, the APR will be rejected as incomplete.