+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired IELTS but received ITA

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
That's not a problem. Your CRS has to be higher than the cutoff when you apply and when you receive the ITA (it can change but it has to be higher). There is no loopholes that let you game the system.
That is a loophole, you're not using the same language test result to apply for your AOR as you're using to obtain your ITA, which should be the case.

I'm not so sure where your certitude on the matter stems from.

While yes, it's true that over the course of your application's assessment, as long as your CRS points don't drop below the cut-off score your application gets approved, however that doesn't mean that you can switch in and switch out information at your discretion post-ITA before you submit your AOR.

There is a reason why your profile locks, so that you can't edit the core information with which you received your ITA, because that's the basis on which your application will be assessed upon.

I think you're underestimating the situation.

Last edited:

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
That is a loophole, you're not using the same language test result to apply for your AOR as you're using to obtain your ITA, which should be the case.

I'm not so sure where your certitude on the matter stems from.

While yes, it's true that over the course of your application's assessment, as long as your CRS points don't drop below the cut-off score your application gets approved, however that doesn't mean that you can switch in and switch out information at your discretion post-ITA before you submit your AOR.

There is a reason why your profile locks, so that you can't edit the core information with which you received your ITA, because that's the basis on which your application will be assessed upon.

I think you're underestimating the situation.
Because people got their copr with similar situation before? Misrepresentation is a different matter.
It‘s not like you can gain anything from this so how is this a loophole.
You can change the information as long as you are not cheating. It’s not the ideal situation but it worked in the past.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You need to have valid ielts/eca at ITA. The reason is people can use junk ielts/eca numbers as placeholders and use the 60 day deadline to appear for ielts or get eca circumventing the queue. Now if the ielts or eca expires after ita then it's a different story. You can get a new one within the 60 day deadline.

jar_brz

Oct 30, 2019
Hello all,
Could you guys please help with one issue?
I mistyped one of the Celpip scores in my profile. I changed the information before receiving the ITA and the correct score was locked in my profile.
The problem is that I changed this information after the draw (after the draw, but before the ITA), and I am concerned it could be considered misrepresentation (My profile was assessed again and I am still eligible).

Should I explain the situation in the LoE or the locked profile will be used to assess the provided information before the post-ITA application??

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: