+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired IELTS but received ITA

sjSJ27

Feb 18, 2021
Pls.help, I dont know if I will proceed or withdraw the ITA. I have expired ielts because ITA but I received one, is there a chance that they will refuse my application because of this? I have scheduled celpip this apr 1. pls help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Pls.help, I dont know if I will proceed or withdraw the ITA. I have expired ielts because ITA but I received one, is there a chance that they will refuse my application because of this? I have scheduled celpip this apr 1. pls help
Your IELTS or CELPIP results need to be valid at the time you submit your application - otherwise your application will be refused. What is your deadline for submitting your application?

sjSJ27

Feb 18, 2021
I just got invited this feb.13, my ielts got expired last feb.9, but the result dated feb 25 thats why maybe I still got invited. Deadline is on May 15 and I have celpip exam on Apr 1

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Get your new test score and use it for your application. The cutoff is so low for this round you just need to hit the bare minimum.

Reactions: sjSJ27

sjSJ27

Feb 18, 2021
Get your new test score and use it for your application. The cutoff is so low for this round you just need to hit the bare minimum.

would they know that I got an expired ielts even if I'll use the new celpip for my application?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You still need to meet the minimum language level requirement for your occupation.

Language ability

You must:
  • meet the minimum language levelof:
    • Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
    • Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs
  • take approved language testsfor:
    • writing
    • reading
    • listening
    • speaking
  • describe the test results in your Express Entry profile
Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.

I'm not sure you can even switch out your language test results in your profile after you receive an ITA.

Can you try to see if you can edit that or is it locked?

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
would they know that I got an expired ielts even if I'll use the new celpip for my application?
It's fine that they know. The score locks in when you receive your AOR. Put in the letter of explanation about what you do.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
@sjSJ27, please treat everyone opinions as advice which you can choose folow.

I similar case to you before and I got COPR in 2020 even my IELTS expire. You know they ITA you after reviewing your application, and they are so so so slow. So likely your IELTS expire while waiting them. What meaning I have is that they review your application and accepted based on the submission (and IELTS valid at that time) and ITA you. So, you no worry. You are through.

If you doubt, you can still message them (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx). Like you, I worry in the past but I can tell you you ok, but you can check them by message them anyway.

Reactions: sjSJ27

sjSJ27

Feb 18, 2021
@sjSJ27, please treat everyone opinions as advice which you can choose folow.

I similar case to you before and I got COPR in 2020 even my IELTS expire. You know they ITA you after reviewing your application, and they are so so so slow. So likely your IELTS expire while waiting them. What meaning I have is that they review your application and accepted based on the submission (and IELTS valid at that time) and ITA you. So, you no worry. You are through.

If you doubt, you can still message them (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx). Like you, I worry in the past but I can tell you you ok, but you can check them by message them anyway.
thank you ☺

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think you should be careful.

Usually you are assessed on the information you provide when you received the ITA, it may not just be a matter of replacing one language test result with another language test result post-ITA.

Otherwise more applicants would use this route of including new documentation post-ITA, they are expecting you to be assessed on your profile at the moment you received the ITA. And it would not be fair to other applicants. You should be aware that your language test results have to be valid both when you receive your ITA and submit your AOR, they may look at you changing your test result as a bait and switch.

I think you should get professional advice on this before either submitting your AOR or rejecting the ITA.

Last edited:

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I think you should be careful.

Usually you are assessed on the information you provide when you received the ITA, it may not just be a matter of replacing one language test result with another language test result post-ITA.

Otherwise more applicants would use this route of including new documentation post-ITA, they are expecting you to be assessed on your profile at the moment you received the ITA. And it would not be fair to other applicants. You should be aware that your language test results have to be valid both when you receive your ITA and submit your AOR, they may look at you changing your test result as a bait and switch.

I think you should get professional advice on this before either submitting your AOR or rejecting the ITA.
That's not a problem. Your CRS has to be higher than the cutoff when you apply and when you receive the ITA (it can change but it has to be higher). There is no loopholes that let you game the system.