+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Thank you for the information. Did you send any email to visa office to get medical request? Or any web form? Or was it was automatic email from Manila VO?
no webform theu just sent me email

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
As per IRCC they mentioned that they will send an email to all COPR holders post and pre March 2020. Im a COPR holder from 2020 Nov, Immigrant Visa Expired in April 2021. Any idea if anyone was recently contacted by IRCC or any idea when they would send an email. I wrote to them last week but its a generic response

Reactions: sarah2006

ranpa

Jul 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if someone had the same issue I have or know anyone who has dealt with it.
Any help is highly appreciated!

- Our original COPR was issued in April 2020 and expired in September 2020.
- In February 2021, we received an Authorization Letter extending our COPR and PR visa until August 2021.
- However the Authorization Letter says in bold letters: "Must travel before April 15th."
(Because of my work contract, we could not travel to Canada before that expiry date.)
- Now the IRCC website says that "If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021."

I have a valid COPR/PR visa, but the only place that shows my COPR/PR visa is valid is the expired Authorization letter from February.

Therefore, my dilemma now is to understand if I can travel to Canada with an expired Authorization letter but a valid COPR and PR visa.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
As per IRCC they mentioned that they will send an email to all COPR holders post and pre March 2020. Im a COPR holder from 2020 Nov, Immigrant Visa Expired in April 2021. Any idea if anyone was recently contacted by IRCC or any idea when they would send an email. I wrote to them last week but its a generic response
I'm in similar case (expired march) and no news from ircc nor update in my gc acount.No one can tell when they start contacting us.

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I'm in similar case (expired march) and no news from ircc nor update in my gc acount.No one can tell when they start contacting us.
whats your "latest update" on the GC account under "Application status". When i checked last week it said medical passed on xx. Today when i checked it said background check passed. As i know usually the latest gets updated there. Seems like they are looking into the GC account police certificate and medical

apomo

Mar 15, 2020
hi guys I am March 19th 2020 COPR, expired October 2020 and no email from IRCC yet. Any idea how long for them to send or are they waiting for all pre March 18th to be done to then consider us? Thanks!

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
whats your "latest update" on the GC account under "Application status". When i checked last week it said medical passed on xx. Today when i checked it said background check passed. As i know usually the latest gets updated there. Seems like they are looking into the GC account police certificate and medical
my "latest uodate" keeps changing from 'background check passed' to 'medical passed' and vice versa all long the week since a month now but no change at all! my counterfoils are still there , and my profil says approved.

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
my "latest uodate" keeps changing from 'background check passed' to 'medical passed' and vice versa all long the week since a month now but no change at all! my counterfoils are still there , and my profil says approved.
its the same from my end. But i only saw the status change from last week not prior to that.

sandymikl

Nov 12, 2019
Up until previously my latest update was " Application approved on xx date", yesterday it was "Medical passed on xx date", and today "background check completed on xx date".
The counterfoil says your document expired on xx date, and the application status is still approved.
Not got a clue if this is just a glitch or if this mean something.:confused: