Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I just received an email from IRCC saying that they’ll reach out to us for entry into canada once travel restriction is lifted. At least they give a little assurance with this email.

Here’s a summary:

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
I just received an email from IRCC saying that they’ll reach out to us for entry into canada once travel restriction is lifted. At least they give a little assurance with this email.

Here’s a summary:

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.
Nice

What's your visa office ?

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I was reading yesterday on a French-speaking forum that an immigrant with expired CoPR had contacted IRCC himself in February 2021 and they instructed him to do the medical examination. IRCC chooses who to answer?
May I know what forum is that, please? je peux avoir le lien svp?

2ral

Jun 18, 2021
Hello everyone. I was before-March-2020 COPR holder and recently got my reissued COPR which replaces (as per the remark it tells in the document) the previous expired COPR. The remark is made exactly as this: "this document replaces the client's previous confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document, which was issued on or before March 18, 2020". However, the general travel restrictions by IRCC confuses me which state that post-March-2020 COPR holders are not allowed to the board of plane, therefore cannot travel to Canada.

I confused to understand this. On the one hand, obviously my before-March-2020 COPR is not valid, while on the other hand, my valid COPR that I recently received is post-March-2020.

So do I fall into "exempted from travel restrictions" category provided that my initial COPR was issued before March 18, 2020 and would be able to travel to Canada now with the reissued COPR and PR Visa in my passport?

Appreciate your guidance and help on this.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone. I was before-March-2020 COPR holder and recently got my reissued COPR which replaces (as per the remark it tells in the document) the previous expired COPR. The remark is made exactly as this: "this document replaces the client's previous confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document, which was issued on or before March 18, 2020". However, the general travel restrictions by IRCC confuses me which state that post-March-2020 COPR holders are not allowed to the board of plane, therefore cannot travel to Canada.

I confused to understand this. On the one hand, obviously my before-March-2020 COPR is not valid, while on the other hand, my valid COPR that I recently received is post-March-2020.

So do I fall into "exempted from travel restrictions" category provided that my initial COPR was issued before March 18, 2020 and would be able to travel to Canada now with the reissued COPR and PR Visa in my passport?

Well, think about it, if you can't travel now because your new CoPR is post-March 18, then what's the point of giving you a new CoPR? The meaningful date is from the first CoPR which is before March 18.

2ral

Jun 18, 2021
Well, think about it, if you can't travel now because your new CoPR is post-March 18, then what's the point of giving you a new CoPR? The meaningful date is from the first CoPR which is before March 18.
Thanks for your clarification, I got your point and share the logic. I had a word on this with the airline customer service representative to make sure there will not be any problem in boarding to the plane. First he told me they would allow, then paused by stating travel restrictions apply if the valid COPR is post-march-2020. Then while I stated the "replacing" nature of my new COPR to the previous one, he advised it is better to confirm with the visa office/embassy before the flight date.

So what do you think, should I have the email communication in place with airline and embassy before the travel, or do you know anyone in my current situation from the forum that have already realized their travel to Canada with new replacement COPRs? Thank you.

Priya natraj

Dec 17, 2020

Could you explain, how did you get it? Did you give remedical and police verification or with the expired visa they issued a new one?

Jul 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am in a complicated situation. Our COPR expired in June 2020. We received request for remedical last month in May, have done them and submitted. Today, while checking my spam folder, I saw an email from CIC dated April where they have asked us if we still want to move to Canada and have given a deadline to reply and the template of the reply. That deadline passed 2 months ago and despite us not replying we recieved a remedical request. What should I do now? I have replied to that email and stated that it was in spam and was viewed today only. What else should I do?

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am in a complicated situation. Our COPR expired in June 2020. We received request for remedical last month in May, have done them and submitted. Today, while checking my spam folder, I saw an email from CIC dated April where they have asked us if we still want to move to Canada and have given a deadline to reply and the template of the reply. That deadline passed 2 months ago and despite us not replying we recieved a remedical request. What should I do now? I have replied to that email and stated that it was in spam and was viewed today only. What else should I do?
send webform and email them that you already did your med and sent it on the date of.... , also don't forget to attach your med form in both mail and webform[/QUOTE]

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello,

im post march 18 with expired copr and prv…just got my remedical request from ircc…anyone here whohave idea how long to wait for next step for them to reissue our documents?

thanks.

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hello,

im post march 18 with expired copr and prv…just got my remedical request from ircc…anyone here whohave idea how long to wait for next step for them to reissue our documents?

thanks.
based on a facebook post, one person got the passport request 3 weeks after submitting the new medicals. best of luck! If you don't mind, can you pls share your country of residence and your stream(FSW-Outland or CEC/Inland/PNP).

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
based on a facebook post, one person got the passport request 3 weeks after submitting the new medicals. best of luck! If you don't mind, can you pls share your country of residence and your stream(FSW-Outland or CEC/Inland/PNP).
vo - manila and family sponshoreship…can you send link that they got ppr after 3weeks?

sk0709

Dec 24, 2020
Hello,

thanks.
Are you post march 18 COPR holder staying in US? Until now no-one post 18th March have got re-medical request.

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Are you post march 18 COPR holder staying in US? Until now no-one post 18th March have got re-medical request.
yes i am post march 18

Vo - manila
Copr/prv issued - feb 3, 2021
Expired - june 15, 2021
Remedical request - june 24, 2021

sk0709

Dec 24, 2020
yes i am post march 18

Vo - manila
Copr/prv issued - feb 3, 2021
Expired - june 15, 2021
Remedical request - june 24, 2021
Thank you for the information. Did you send any email to visa office to get medical request? Or any web form? Or was it was automatic email from Manila VO?