1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if someone had the same issue I have or know anyone who has dealt with it.
Any help is highly appreciated!

- Our original COPR was issued in April 2020 and expired in September 2020.
- In February 2021, we received an Authorization Letter extending our COPR and PR visa until August 2021.
- However the Authorization Letter says in bold letters: "Must travel before April 15th."
(Because of my work contract, we could not travel to Canada before that expiry date.)
- Now the IRCC website says that "If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021."

I have a valid COPR/PR visa, but the only place that shows my COPR/PR visa is valid is the expired Authorization letter from February.

Therefore, my dilemma now is to understand if I can travel to Canada with an expired Authorization letter but a valid COPR and PR visa.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Maybe you could send a webform asking for clarification. Or ask @legalfalcon.

elif911

Jun 22, 2017
Up until previously my latest update was " Application approved on xx date", yesterday it was "Medical passed on xx date", and today "background check completed on xx date".
The counterfoil says your document expired on xx date, and the application status is still approved.
Not got a clue if this is just a glitch or if this mean something.:confused:
Same with my account, Did you find out what is it?

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
On twitter i read that IRCC has a big backlog and the expired COPRs is planned to process from 21st Sept. No FSW draws will be held this year

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
It was just a twit I saw and yes not an easy believer of it. However recently CIC news (official news) has mentioned that IRCC would take months to contact the expired COPR, which is very frustrating since they are focusing on family class applications. I hope we get to travel in 2021 somehow since canada also has targets to achieve

Dhirensavaliya

Aug 9, 2016
Hi Everyone, Hope all are good.

My brother in-law and his wife got the COPR on Sep 28th 2020 and it got expired on May 30th 2021.
Still there is no update from CIC regarding how to reissue valid COPR to enter into the country.
Anyone here in same boat ?

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
As per the latest update from last week, IRCC will clear the Expired COPRs by the end of October 2021.
Hi Everyone, Hope all are good.

My brother in-law and his wife got the COPR on Sep 28th 2020 and it got expired on May 30th 2021.
Still there is no update from CIC regarding how to reissue valid COPR to enter into the country.
Anyone here in same boat ?