+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

pereznina

Sep 14, 2020
Is anyone holding expired COPR and received the link of the new portal in-Canada PR to obtain the permanent resident? Just kinda worried and stress because my COPR expired almost 6months and I didn’t receive any update from IRCC till now. I already send almost every 2 weeks inquiry from their webform but still the generic answer I got. Any advice. Thank you in advance.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Is anyone holding expired COPR and received the link of the new portal in-Canada PR to obtain the permanent resident? Just kinda worried and stress because my COPR expired almost 6months and I didn’t receive any update from IRCC till now. I already send almost every 2 weeks inquiry from their webform but still the generic answer I got. Any advice. Thank you in advance.
My CoPR expired more than 6 months ago. I had, previously, warned IRCC that I would not make it in time, because the my flights were being cancelled unilaterally by the airline companies. They said I should not worry, just raise a ready to travel web form when I'm ready.
I did not raise a ready to travel web form until now, and now I am not supposed to anymore, according to the following:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

pereznina

Sep 14, 2020
Hi, I saw some hope and hopefully this will be the path to finalize my PR. A week ago, early Monday morning IRCC reached me out through email and asking If I am still willing to travel soon in Canada and they want to know what is my and my family situation at this time. They extend the expiration of our medical until March. I think they are starting looking at who’s holding expired COPR that does not validated yet. For now, waiting for their instruction.

Reactions: A_D and MFA2020

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I saw some hope and hopefully this will be the path to finalize my PR. A week ago, early Monday morning IRCC reached me out through email and asking If I am still willing to travel soon in Canada and they want to know what is my and my family situation at this time. They extend the expiration of our medical until March. I think they are starting looking at who’s holding expired COPR that does not validated yet. For now, waiting for their instruction.
I think they'll send this email to all expired CoPR's from now on. That's what it says in the link I sent. At least for those copr issued before march 18. They'll conctact us through email asking if we are ready to go and We Should Not Raise Web Forms Anymore

MFA2020

Sep 9, 2020
Kindly share expiry date of your COPR & PRV?

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
My COPR was issued on 20th March so I literally missed the mark by two days.. and now it’s expiring soon in mid Feb.
Anyone else holding a COPR issued after 18th March and still stuck in limbo?

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
My COPR was issued on 20th March so I literally missed the mark by two days.. and now it’s expiring soon in mid Feb.
Yes, in this situation. Our COPR expires in 3 weeks. We live close to the border and trying to figure out if we can do a soft landing or not.

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
Hello

Our CoPRs have expired on May 27, 2020.
We are now ready to join Canada by May 15, 2021.

Should we write to IRCC or wait for them to contact us?

I checked on the IRCC site, no update since December 19, 2020 concerning immigrants in our situation.

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Our copr was also issued on 20th March, same as yours. Our copr is expiring on 11th March, we sent them a request for AL but got a generic reply, detailing about the current restrictions imposed and how post 18th March Copr holders should wait even if their doc's expire.
And that they would get in touch with us and not to contact them, as they know when the Copr will expire. Its ridiculous and completely messed up. Plus they are letting international students travel, but those who already have valid visa for nearly a year are not allowed.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: planetarium

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021
I was reading yesterday on a French-speaking forum that an immigrant with expired CoPR had contacted IRCC himself in February 2021 and they instructed him to do the medical examination. IRCC chooses who to answer?

Reactions: sarah2006

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Our copr was also issued on 20th March, same as yours. Our copr is expiring on 11th March, we sent them a request for AL but got a generic reply, detailing about the current restrictions imposed and how post 18th March Copr holders should wait even if their doc's expire.
And that they would get in touch with us and not to contact them, as they know when the Copr will expire. Its ridiculous and completely messed up. Plus they are letting international students travel, but those who already have valid visa for nearly a year are not allowed.

[/QUOTE]
I too have same situation. my COPR was issued on 20th March 2020 and expired in October 2020. Still waiting for further instructions. I am anticipating medical request from IRCC since its already expired.

Hopeless.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018

[/QUOTE]
So sad... I guess my biggest fear is getting denied any extension whatsoever even after they told us not to contact them.

Best of luck everybody! And lets keep each other posted on any updates :)

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
without AL and that expired COPR is not making sense. I am not sure what they are gone to do with expired COPR holders. I am waiting patiently. I will keep you aware about my status.