+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR.

Pravinst

Jul 31, 2018
Hi,

My COPR expired couple of months ago and recently I got email asking me whether i am ready to travel in the next 60 days. Does this mean I should definitely travel in next 60 days and settle? Or is it fine if I travel to Canada once COVID situation turns better? Will it impact my PR if I do not travel in the next 60 days. I am worried please provide your valuable comments

Reactions: JOW

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India
Hi,

My COPR expired couple of months ago and recently I got email asking me whether i am ready to travel in the next 60 days. Does this mean I should definitely travel in next 60 days and settle? Or is it fine if I travel to Canada once COVID situation turns better? Will it impact my PR if I do not travel in the next 60 days. I am worried please provide your valuable comments
Hey did you raise ready to travel webform?

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
Hi, I have also received the same email and I have not raised the webform. Wanted to also ask what would be a time period that would not amount to soft landing. We plan to go and stay for 3 months and come back is that advisable. Anyone with experience of the same .

Regards

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
@Amberrana , @Pravinst

Which country are you from? Just to understand the criteria IRCC is using for these emails (asking if they are ready to go in 60 days even though they didn't raise a webform). As for myself I have not received any email, have not raised a "ready to go" webform, my CoPR was issued Feb 27th, expired August 1st and I'm from Brazil.

mimi_4591

Aug 20, 2020
Hi,

Hi, which month did you copr expire?

Jj_singh

Jul 19, 2019
Has anyone heard back from IRCC regarding ready to travel request from US ?Please share the updates , A lot of people in India are getting response IRCC .

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
Has anyone heard back from IRCC regarding ready to travel request from US ?Please share the updates , A lot of people in India are getting response IRCC .
I have received a generic reply stating that the case is in process with the responsible office. I did raise a ready to travel webform on 10/22. Nothing substantial.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I haven't raised any web forms and my COPR was expired on 26th October. I don't want to travel till March 2021. do we need to tell them about our plan or we need to wait for these 60 days ultimatum

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I haven't raised any web forms and my COPR was expired on 26th October. I don't want to travel till March 2021. do we need to tell them about our plan or we need to wait for these 60 days ultimatum
I also wanna go in March, but the little control I had over it (the time I would choose to raise the web form) is gone and now I'll simply wait to receive their email asking if I'm ready to go.
Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

rav.tater

Jan 19, 2021
I am also in same boat. Got COPR before 18th March but expired in July last year.
I was preparing to fill the web-form but then I saw this new update regarding not to send web-form to avoid delay and wait for IRCC to contact us.

I also plan to move in March 21.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I don't know about others before I raise another raise web form I got email saying that they will reach out to me for re-medical and till then not to raise any web form