+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiration of COPR within COVId -19 lockdown

s_manmohan

Dec 12, 2019
HI there everyone,
I and my wife were supposed to travel to CANADA under PR program on 17 march 2020 and my COPR expiration date is 09 May 2020.
and amidst COVID 19 lockdown, all the flights have been cancelled for now from INDIA.
Now my concern is if god forbid this lockdown continues in near future , which authority should i consult and write down to for my COPR extension, because it is not at all safe to travel.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hello. I am supposed to travel to Albert, Canada on 26th March,2020. My visa is expiring on 2nd June, 2020. But due to recent issue of COVID 19, I don't think I will be able to travel anytime soon. What is the procedure of visa extension? Nd how much time it will take for visa extension?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello. I am supposed to travel to Albert, Canada on 26th March,2020. My visa is expiring on 2nd June, 2020. But due to recent issue of COVID 19, I don't think I will be able to travel anytime soon. What is the procedure of visa extension? Nd how much time it will take for visa extension?
You need to send a web form to IRCC explaining travel restrictions so you are recorded in the system

Then read the link above about the initial proposals from IRCC which will probably evolve in next days/weeks.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
HI there everyone,
I and my wife were supposed to travel to CANADA under PR program on 17 march 2020 and my COPR expiration date is 09 May 2020.
and amidst COVID 19 lockdown, all the flights have been cancelled for now from INDIA.
Now my concern is if god forbid this lockdown continues in near future , which authority should i consult and write down to for my COPR extension, because it is not at all safe to travel.
Hello have you booked any tickets or cancelled

Aashi21

Mar 18, 2020
Hello. Our copr expired on 13 Apr and we raised the webform on 11 Apr. I am concered we havent received any response from IRCC yet. We tried our best to travel but due to lockdown & flight cancelation we couldnt. What are the chances of extension and how long does this process takes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. Our copr expired on 13 Apr and we raised the webform on 11 Apr. I am concered we havent received any response from IRCC yet. We tried our best to travel but due to lockdown & flight cancelation we couldnt. What are the chances of extension and how long does this process takes?
Was your flight cancelled on March 22? There is no information about extension since Canada doesn’t know when they will lift travel restrictions.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
IRCC silence regarding extensions is deafening! Some of the commentators on this forum don't seem to appreciet that in some cases people have waited many years to obtain a COPR, a simple statement by IRCC of how they intend to proceed would relieve a great deal of COPR holders anxiety.
The big worry is that as they are now allowing COPRs to travel, unless you can prove that you couldn't get a flight or you were due to land in the period before they resumed things they may just say it was your choice not to travel and refuse an extension.

I hope you hear something positive - good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC silence regarding extensions is deafening! Some of the commentators on this forum don't seem to appreciet that in some cases people have waited many years to obtain a COPR, a simple statement by IRCC of how they intend to proceed would relieve a great deal of COPR holders anxiety.
The big worry is that as they are now allowing COPRs to travel, unless you can prove that you couldn't get a flight or you were due to land in the period before they resumed things they may just say it was your choice not to travel and refuse an extension.

I hope you hear something positive - good luck.
Not sure what you expect IRCC to say when they have no idea when the borders will open or when numbers of covid cases will decrease.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Not sure what you expect IRCC to say when they have no idea when the borders will open or when numbers of covid cases will decrease.
IRCC should give assurances that no COPR holders will lose out if they have been genuinely prevented from travelling due to Government restrictions - do you not agree that's simple and fair?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC should give assurances that no COPR holders will lose out if they have been genuinely prevented from travelling due to Government restrictions - do you not agree that's simple and fair?
They essentially did. Every case is different and people’s interpretation of not being able to travel is not always the same. If you had a flight that got cancelled then I would expect an extension.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you will get your copr and visa extended, don't worry about this. no one, including ircc, knows when it's "safer" to travel or when travel restrictions will be lifted

Reactions: Beltex

fahadshah284

Aug 29, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018 SINP OID
Doc's Request.
28-08-2018 POF, intend to settle, Dependent Birth Docs Translation, Resident IDs
Nomination.....
10-10-2018
Hello mate,

Please share your experience what updates you received from IRCC about the renewal of your travel visa/COPR? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interesting post thanks to @prusa

Guys - after much wait I was able to connect to an IRCC agent and I have some news for the folks in USA.

I asked about inability to travel and she said our policy is when you can come you should come.

She said per current travel restrictions, since your COPR was approved before March 18 you are exempt to come in and because you are in USA so there are no travel restrictions of travel from USA to Canada. So for you I would say you can come and you should come before your COPR expires.

I did say about the risk of virus and all, but she was adamant that there are no restrictions for your travel and you should come.

So.. I guess this is a clear answer for anyone where the home country has no lockdown.