+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts help - Form B4 classification types .. ?!

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear Experts

In Form B4, there are four classification types (settler, Seasonal resident, beneficiary and former resident)

If Im landing in canada initially for 2 months and will return later after 1 year to settle permanently, which boxes shall i select

1. For the Accompanying goods form B4 -- (current landing)

2. For the Goods to follow form B4 - (future landing after initial short stay) If in this case i select former resident then i also have to mention the exit and reentry dates into canada which I will not know now at the initial landing stage, since It will be an action done in the future

Thanks

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
sarimraza said:
Dear Experts

In Form B4, there are four classification types (settler, Seasonal resident, beneficiary and former resident)

If Im landing in canada initially for 2 months and will return later after 1 year to settle permanently, which boxes shall i select

1. For the Accompanying goods form B4 -- (current landing)

2. For the Goods to follow form B4 - (future landing after initial short stay) If in this case i select former resident then i also have to mention the exit and reentry dates into canada which I will not know now at the initial landing stage, since It will be an action done in the future

Thanks

You have to fill 2 copies of the same form. On one m tick the goods to follow. and that will be your goods to follow form. The other will be goods to accompany form (without ticking the goods to follow). if your doing a short landing give a friends name and address (c/o).

From what i have read on this forum, "Settler" should be ticked for both goods to follow adn goods to accompany. its better to take additional unticked copies, so that if there is a mistake, then put the correct details after asking the immigration officer at the airport. take as many copies as possible.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think it should be settler. If you are entering through Toronto, they might not even be asking for it on your landing trip, which was what happened to me.

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
felixtae said:
I think it should be settler. If you are entering through Toronto, they might not even be asking for it on your landing trip, which was what happened to me.
Just to clarify, they did not ask you for what ? I think u need to get the B4 GTF stamped by the immigration which is important for you to bring your goods tax free later into country

Do you mean they did not ask for GAL ?

Thanks

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
When I travel for landing, they did not ask for any of the forms. I did travel to Toronto inn multiple occasions, never ever did they asked for anything.