+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiencing a glitch in my EE profile - Canadian education points not updating

cpowered

Dec 28, 2016
Hi CanadaVisa folks, I was hoping you could help me with my situation:

I work with immigration lawyers in Ontario and I advised them to update my Express Entry profile a few days after international students were awarded extra points. However, my lawyers encountered this weird glitch where they have been unable to answer three of the following questions:

1) Was this degree, diploma or certificate:
- from a public post-secondary school, such as college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec)
2) Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?
3) Did Mr. X study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? This includes some awards from Global Affairs Canada.

The answers should be "Yes, No, No", respectively, but the problem is that the dropdown list under each question has malfunctioned and will not “let” us select an answer (I cannot describe the exact nature of the issue as I don’t have access to my profile). I have contacted the IRCC Call Centre and asked the agent whether resubmitting my profile would resolve the issue. She said that there have been cases where some people continued having similar issues even after resubmitting their profile. She also suggested submitting a screenshot via their Web Form quoting “technical difficulties”. So I did that and the response I got after 5 business days was: “We have verified the information provided and can confirm that your points have been updated in your Express Entry profile.” And yet, when I asked my lawyers to confirm this, they sent me yet another screenshot with no changes whatsoever to my profile. I still see my old points (441) at the top and just blank space next to “CRS - Canadian education” (should be 30).

Here are two screenshots to help you understand my issue better:

prnt.sc/doz39h

prnt.sc/doz3m4

I am lost as to what I should do at this point. Time is pressing as I am sitting at 471 with my updated points and feel that if I wait around I am going to miss an ITA in the next draw or two. I still have time as my PGWP will not expire until June 2017 but you never know – new people come into the pool every day and the points may not drop to my level after January for a long time…

Has anyone had similar issues? If so, has resubmitting your profile resolved your issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: danchojoseph

cpowered

Dec 28, 2016
My lawyers still haven't recreated my EE profile. Do you think I still have a chance to get an invitation from today's draw if we are quick?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cpowered said:
My lawyers still haven't recreated my EE profile. Do you think I still have a chance to get an invitation from today's draw if we are quick?

Thanks.
No, it's too late now.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
This happened to me as well but it resolved itself after a week, now I'm sitting on my ITA!

Best of luck ;)

cpowered

Dec 28, 2016
I am not sure if I should be happy because my points are sufficient for an ITA or be pissed because many months of waiting and hours of phone calls and countless emails to CIC have served no use to get me one :mad:. Judging by people's expectations for the next draw, I should get an ITA in the next draw though so I am keeping positive.

confused891

Feb 8, 2015
i am in kind of same situation but my score got updated but still study and language section shows "in progress" and i got ITA too..
can i proceed with locked profile in progress...

cpowered

Dec 28, 2016
Update: Withdrawing my EE profile and submitting a new one solved my problem. I am now sitting at 471 points. Thank you all!