May-2013
AOR Received.
19-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
hi maplelove,

thanks for all the help! got mine yesterday.

for the benefit of other applicants:

-my files were received on August 1st week.
-note that I submitted my files from Norway.
-received a CoC request on September 2nd week.
-applied for CoC on September last week.
-got my CoC this week and submitted personally,
at the same time they requested for passport and collection same day.

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, those who are in Singapore applying for TWP pwude ba mag apply agad ng TWP kahit less than a year ka palang working sa SIngapore like 6mos? Kasi what I heard pag from hongkong need ata na naka 1yr ka na saka pwede mag apply ng TWP going canda. thanks...

@joroz

wow! congrats. that was so fast....

Canaday

Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys,

For those who apply WP in Singapore, mind to share is there any phone call or face to face interview that are required by a visa officer? and how much of fund needed in your bank statement ?? Hope to hear from you all and have a good day !

Thank you :)

joroz

Jul 1, 2012
AB
Nomination.....
May-2013
AOR Received.
19-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
@hoping,
i believe 6 months is enough, as long as you have a valid employment Pass in SG..they did not mention a length of time in their website..

it only says "To apply for a work permit at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office"

@Canaday,
there was no interview in my case and have not known of anyone from this forum that had an interview.
For fund, if you are a WP applicant there is no minimum..just provide a bank statement with some amount (just for documentation i guess, coz they can't even be sure that you will still have that amount when you land in Canada)

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joroz said:
@ hoping,
i believe 6 months is enough, as long as you have a valid employment Pass in SG..they did not mention a length of time in their website..

it only says "To apply for a work permit at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office"

@ Canaday,
there was no interview in my case and have not known of anyone from this forum that had an interview.
For fund, if you are a WP applicant there is no minimum..just provide a bank statement with some amount (just for documentation i guess, coz they can't even be sure that you will still have that amount when you land in Canada)

@ joroz

thank you for sharing your informative ideas and i guess so 6mos is enough... goodluck!

Canaday

Nov 9, 2011
Hi ,

Thank you joroz and hoping2b for your reply and share the information. Good luck to you guys too.

TogetherAgain

Oct 27, 2017

I am working in Singapore waiting for my Open Work Permit for almost 12 weeks now. I was told that it will take 8-10 weeks and now my Work Pass is going to be cancelled soon. If i go back to PH, can I come back to SG to furnish COC,medical and visa stamp in VSF?
My application was lodged in Canada thru a representative. Please advise anyone, will appreciate it a lot

rajoana82

Oct 22, 2017
I am working in Singapore waiting for my Open Work Permit for almost 12 weeks now. I was told that it will take 8-10 weeks and now my Work Pass is going to be cancelled soon. If i go back to PH, can I come back to SG to furnish COC,medical and visa stamp in VSF?
My application was lodged in Canada thru a representative. Please advise anyone, will appreciate it a lot
Hi, I too am looking at this option. would like to know more like how and what pre requisites you require to apply for open work permit?(more like what and how you did it)

About coming back to singapore from ph, as far as i understand asean countries have a travel free visa policy to each other unless i m mistaken or there are some exception. So you could just come back as visitor/tourist and if needed clock 5 days in batam or malaysia and re enter again.

Another thought is after work permit cancelled, try getting an extension from ICA to remain in sg so that you could complete your process of getting the open work permit else u will be spending some $$ travelling up n down ph and sg.

TogetherAgain

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I too am looking at this option. would like to know more like how and what pre requisites you require to apply for open work permit?(more like what and how you did it)

About coming back to singapore from ph, as far as i understand asean countries have a travel free visa policy to each other unless i m mistaken or there are some exception. So you could just come back as visitor/tourist and if needed clock 5 days in batam or malaysia and re enter again.

Another thought is after work permit cancelled, try getting an extension from ICA to remain in sg so that you could complete your process of getting the open work permit else u will be spending some $$ travelling up n down ph and sg.

Hi,
After a month when my common law partner went to Canada to work, he got an immigration lawyer to file my application in canada.
Basically, the representtative sent all the forms for me to scan and Sign, send back to her and she handles the filing.

As per requirements, everything is in the websitr except for Statutory Declarion with which we had notarized by a lawyer in Singapore and another by the immograyion representative herself.

I was also thibking of asking ICA to extend my social visit but another question is would the canada visa center allow me to pursue with the processing here in SG, when I do not have IC alrady to present when asked. I am still considered "lawfully admitted" in aforeign country holding a social visit pass?

rajoana82

Oct 22, 2017
Hi,

I was also thibking of asking ICA to extend my social visit but another question is would the canada visa center allow me to pursue with the processing here in SG, when I do not have IC alrady to present when asked. I am still considered "lawfully admitted" in aforeign country holding a social visit pass?
Really no idea on that.