+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience with sending Police certificate AFTER the rest of the package?

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
I've heard around that some people are sending their completed package MINUS the police certificates (since they are taking 12-14 weeks), with a note explaining that it'll get sent in when received.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
I've done it, but I only just sent my application January 29th. I'm still waiting on AOR and SA. I'll keep you posted though on mine. It looks like I'll be hearing from them sometime this month at the current pace. My police clearance was supposed to be mailed to me March 10th, so I'm still waiting on it. I submitted my fingerprints to them November 18th!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
many people do this. cic seems to be looking the other way and issues sa without it. it is not a necessary document for approving the sponsor. generally, the SA letter received will include instructions about how to send it to your visa office.

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
many people do this. cic seems to be looking the other way and issues sa without it. it is not a necessary document for approving the sponsor. generally, the SA letter received will include instructions about how to send it to your visa office.
Yes this happened In my case
I have received SA and my application is sent to London visa office
I am sponsoring my husband so his police clearance came in the mail after we submitted our application

I am unsure about if I should send it now to the London office as they said if you have additional documents send it here.. obviously il be sending the original clearance but I am scared it will be lost
should I wait until they ask for it becauase i dont first wabt to wait for themto check abd then find some readon to delay the whole process by asking me which will require weeks ( since i wouod have to mail it and then they would check it ) or should I just send the police certificate with my UCI number and application information-- this way atleast there may not be that extra delay ?!?! ( I also emailed them about this but no response yet)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
esma said:
should I wait until they ask for it becauase i dont first wabt to wait for themto check abd then find some readon to delay the whole process by asking me which will require weeks ( since i wouod have to mail it and then they would check it ) or should I just send the police certificate with my UCI number and application information-- this way atleast there may not be that extra delay ?!?! ( I also emailed them about this but no response yet)
Send it now.

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send it now '-- just to avoid the delay right
Did you also experience this ?

They are processing July cases and I am a December case do you think there is a chance they may lose the letter since they haven't even opened my application yet ?

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
I'd be hesitant too… If it's sent now, will it find it's way to the rest of your package? But if you wait to hear from them to send it, would that cause a delay.
Lots of moving parts.

Anyone who is going this route, please keep us all posted. This is awesome info.

Thanks.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
esma said:
Send it now '-- just to avoid the delay right
Did you also experience this ?

They are processing July cases and I am a December case do you think there is a chance they may lose the letter since they haven't even opened my application yet ?
Just be sure and put your full names, birthdates, and UCI # and they will put it with your application. If you wait for them to notice and request it, it will most certainly delay your application. When you got your SA notification, they gave you an address to send additional documents to. Do it! That's what that is for.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
I should add, it's probably a good idea to scan it and send it in email before you send them the hard copy. That way, if it gets lost, there is at least evidence that you did have it and also, they will know to expect it.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cillyx5 said:
I've heard around that some people are sending their completed package MINUS the police certificates (since they are taking 12-14 weeks), with a note explaining that it'll get sent in when received.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
It usually works. There are two primary risks:

1. It takes a long time (weeks) for visa offices to process mail* so it can delay your process. For this reason, sending it in as soon as you have it and have a way of associating it to yourself (UCI, visa office file number) send it in.

2. CIC tends to be kind with incomplete family class applications. However, there have been cases reported in here where packets have been sent back for being incomplete. Not being familiar with those first hand, I can't tell you exactly why those were sent back. To mitigate this risk, I'd send in an explanation and proof that you've submitted the request for the police certificates (e.g., waybill).

* Except if you get a visa officer's direct mail info (which they'll give you in rare cases, such as if they make mistakes on your CoPR).

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
I got the same advice to send our application in and wait for the request for the FBI certificate. But here's what we are doing, for a variety of reasons.

I got an FBI certificate, but because of timing with my medicals, it was going to expire before everything was ready to be was sent in, so I re-did the police certificate. But unfortunately that was after the FBI started having issues, so we were waiting. And waiting...and waiting. That's when I got the advice to send without the current certificate.

Then I went to Canada for a visit around Valentine's Day. We were going to send everything in with the old one, and I realized my wife (the sponsor) had gotten something wrong when she did the Option C request; she doesn't get along with automated phone systems and her iPhone. So more waiting. In the meantime, I see that the FBI has charged my card. Whee! Then she gets an Option C, but it's for 2014, which hasn't been filed yet, and of course was blank.

So she talks to a live person and and requests the right Option C, and I'm still waiting on the FBI report. Then she gets the right Option C, Wheee! Again. And I call the FBI and find out it was actually sent in the mail (took about three weeks after the card was charged). So at this point, we're just waiting since we should be able to send everything together and it will all be current. I should have the FBI document tomorrow or Saturday, will express everything to her in Canada, then she can replace the expired one with the new one and she will send everything in. The timing just seems so tight with the three month expiration and I wanted to play it safe...plus we had to wait on the right Option C. At this point, a week's wait seems worth it when we are sure we can have everything be the right documentation upfront.

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panamai said:
Just be sure and put your full names, birthdates, and UCI # and they will put it with your application. If you wait for them to notice and request it, it will most certainly delay your application. When you got your SA notification, they gave you an address to send additional documents to. Do it! That's what that is for.
Thank you I decided to keep a photocopy sent them an email and also mailing the police certificate with another document tomorrw !

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also about the mailing is it :
my address in corner
London office address in middle
Stamp on the top right corner ? ( what type of stamp ? )
I'll probably do It through canada post

AmericanGirlinLove

Dec 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
Doc's Request.
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
File Transfer...
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-04-2015
I did. I sent in the FBI Police certificate after I sent my package. We simply added a note to the application package.

esma

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericanGirlinLove said:
I did. I sent in the FBI Police certificate after I sent my package. We simply added a note to the application package.
Ya same . I just hope it doesn't get lost now