+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience query regarding ACCA

shahankhan

Oct 10, 2016
Hi all,

I have a questions regarding work experience.

My qualifications timeline:
ACCA Affiliate Aug 2013
ACCA Member Jan 2016
BSc in Applied Accounting (OBU) 2016

WES ECA Two bacehlors degrees 4 years

Experience timeline (all full time jobs):
Audit Trainee Nov 2013 to Oct 2014
Finance Trainee Nov 2014 to Apr 2016
Financial Analyst Apr 2016 to present

My questions is: Since most of the experience I have gained is pre-membership and some of it is after membership, will I still be eligible to claim points for pre-membership experience? If not, this is going to affect my CRS score massively.

Also, I can prove all the experience with experience letters and bank statement whatever the requirement is. Applying for the NOC 1111 Financial auditors and accountants.

Really worried about this. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

shahankhan

Oct 10, 2016
Sunnyvaswani said:
you are good to go !! pre membership or post membership doesn't matter in Canada unlike Australia.
Thanks alot for your message Sunny :) That is a relief.
I am also confused about the End date of education.
In education details should the end date for ACCA be the date when I became Affiliate or when I became member.

Appreciate your help.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahankhan said:
Thanks alot for your message Sunny :) That is a relief.
I am also confused about the End date of education.
In education details should the end date for ACCA be the date when I became Affiliate or when I became member.

Appreciate your help.
Your ACCA timeline is very similar to mine. Got affiliation in 2013 and membership in January 2016. I think that should be the year you have on your WES report. For me, it is when I was awarded the ACCA membership(i.e 2016). So, I have mentioned 2016 as my ACCA completion date in profile.

shahankhan

Oct 10, 2016
Arslanellahi said:
Your ACCA timeline is very similar to mine. Got affiliation in 2013 and membership in January 2016. I think that should be the year you have on your WES report. For me, it is when I was awarded the ACCA membership(i.e 2016). So, I have mentioned 2016 as my ACCA completion date in profile.
Hey Arslan,

Thank you for your response.
Yes the WES report states year of reward as 2016 but a friend of mine got his PR recently he helped me fill my application and asked me to write date of completion when you became affiliate. But since the WES report states 2016 I am confused.

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahankhan said:
Hey Arslan,

Yes the WES report states year of reward as 2016 but a friend of mine got his PR recently he helped me fill my application and asked me to write date of completion when you became affiliate. But since the WES report states 2016 I am confused.
Hmm.. I was also confused about this but then went with what I have on WES report. Maybe someone else could help here??

Makey

Oct 25, 2016
Friends ..

i am not the affiliate yet(attempting last papers in Dec) however, i have OBU awarded in 2016 sept. i have a financial experience around 8 years as i have started my Job from CAT. can my experience count in CRS.

shahankhan

Oct 10, 2016
Makey said:
Friends ..

i am not the affiliate yet(attempting last papers in Dec) however, i have OBU awarded in 2016 sept. i have a financial experience around 8 years as i have started my Job from CAT. can my experience count in CRS.
Yes it would count towards CRS.
Clear your last paper, get membership and then apply for ECA.

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Hi acca fellows,

When u applied in express entry, are u going to convert into any other designation canada ie cpa or cga or is acca enough to get ita? The express entry profile is asking whether inhave taken any steps to get license or certificate to practice.. please advise what u guys filled out..

Jhonjhoney

Jan 24, 2019
Hi Shahan,

I graduated from Punjab University in 2009, then i started full time work in stock exchange in 2011, then i became Acca affiliate in 2014 and then I was awarded membership in 2018.

As I have 7 years of experience but as i was recognised member in 2018 so will my work experience be counted as 7 full years?

(To support my work experience from jan 2015 till date I have all the full time employement contract supporting documents eg Employement offer, job contract, bank statements but before 2015 I had disputes with my previous employer so I am afraid they will not verify my experience)

Is 4 years work experience enough ?

Or adding 3 years more experience without proofs of employement will add further points ?

And one more question how to get Wec for punjab university Graduation, Gujranwala board Inter and Matriculation and Acca in one package ?

Abbasbutt

May 25, 2019
Hi all,

I have a questions regarding work experience.

My qualifications timeline:
ACCA Affiliate Aug 2013
ACCA Member Jan 2016
BSc in Applied Accounting (OBU) 2016

WES ECA Two bacehlors degrees 4 years

Experience timeline (all full time jobs):
Audit Trainee Nov 2013 to Oct 2014
Finance Trainee Nov 2014 to Apr 2016
Financial Analyst Apr 2016 to present

My questions is: Since most of the experience I have gained is pre-membership and some of it is after membership, will I still be eligible to claim points for pre-membership experience? If not, this is going to affect my CRS score massively.

Also, I can prove all the experience with experience letters and bank statement whatever the requirement is. Applying for the NOC 1111 Financial auditors and accountants.

Really worried about this. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Please tell me about that because I have same query. My most of the experience is acca pre membership. Could you please tell me what you did?
Is acca pre membership experience counts in canada PR?

Abbasbutt

May 25, 2019
Hey Arslan,

Which date you had written in your application, Membership date or Acca Affiliation Date? Please explain me shahan?

Abbasbutt

May 25, 2019
Membership date i.e. the date written in the ECA report
Pre ACCA membership experience is counted or not by the canadian immigration department???
Please confirm me that work experience obtained as Acca affiliate counts for the immigration in canada?