experience letter from the employer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinodram said:
Hi Asivad

Can we provide only one Reference letter for both Canadian and foreign experience? Since I worked in the same company in the same NOC code

cheers
That would do. The letter would've to clearly indicate the time spent working inside and outside Canada.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Usually this won't be a problem because the ITA is contingent on your history rather than the present. By that I mean if you don't need the extra months of experience (because they did not add CRS points) you don't need a revised reference letter.

However, this would help that minority who are on the cusp of 2/3 years of Canadian/foreign work experience and that makes a material difference to their application because the additional months add points which they wouldn't otherwise have. In such situations alone, a revised reference letter would be mandatory. Again, this will be a very small minority because their ITA was contingent on the points they had when they submitted the application into the pool and not their present situation.

By the way, CIC doesn't care if you quit your job after getting an ITA because that makes no material difference to your CRS score or your application. Remember, you don't get points simply for having a job - you get points for the number of years of experience. If your current job got you enough points as on the date you got your ITA, you can technically quit the next day and the ITA would still be valid provided you have a valid reference letter to claim points for that work experience.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!
One way around this could be if the Reference letter refers to a future date till when the employment contract is valid(only for cases where the job has a signed contract though)

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/ : Information on this page could be helpful for folks who cannot obtain a reference letter because
  • a. The current organization does not issue them
  • b. The organization they worked for closed down
  • c. You just cannot get it on a letter head from the organization [/li[]

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If the NOC remained unchanged, don't create a separate line item for each country. Just create 2 line items - one for experience acquired inside Canada and one for foreign work experience as that is the only country-specific distinction that matters under EE.

In such a case, you will be asked to upload just 2 reference letters to prove both of these experiences.
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the response.

If I create two separate lines - Canada is OK where I can put Canada in the Country drop down.

What do I put as Country for rest of experience as I had worked in India , UK , Singapore etc.

Pls. guide.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arsh_canada said:
Hi Asivad - Thanks for the response.

If I create two separate lines - Canada is OK where I can put Canada in the Country drop down.

What do I put as Country for rest of experience as I had worked in India , UK , Singapore etc.

Pls. guide.
Either your organizational headquarters or your last work location. It doesn't matter for the purposes of this section - in Work history, the only distinction is between Canadian and non-Canadian work experience. The country specific details will be captured under Personal history later in the process.

rakshiv

Dec 19, 2015
Hi Vinod,

I am also having same situation like me.
In my Case I got one reference letter from my Company (Including Job Details etc), And Have Experience letter with start date and end date from Canada Company.

As in my Company they will not provide 2 reference letter one from India and Another from Canada.
They provided one single letter with Start date in Organization.

WIll they both be fine as I am working in one NOC in both the countries.

Please suggest.

Sunny_ist

Star Member
May 16, 2016
My experience letter does not mention my designation and annual salary, but it lists my responsibilities, is that sufficient? Can I send them one of my salary slips?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Sunny_ist said:
My experience letter does not mention my designation and annual salary, but it lists my responsibilities, is that sufficient? Can I send them one of my salary slips?
As per the requirement, designation/title and salary details are also required on the reference letter/experience letter. Please refer to the requirement mentioned here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp.

If you do not have the required information mentioned in your letter, then you need to submit alternate documents (which has the missing details) along with an LOE.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Few questions on letter of experience from employer :

1. Can the reference letter be signed by HR representative @ my company ? - i.e. no mention of immediate supervisor details anywhere on my letter
The reason i ask is :
  • Instructions @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp says : "and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company"
  • However, when you click on the information icon at the right side of the page where you upload your documents, the popup window says : "the signature of your immediate supervisor".

2. For this requirement : "company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address)" - my letter will have the company name, address and telephone number on the top right of the letter, but the company won't have an email address. The HR Rep who signs the letter will not have the email address below his/her name either......
I'm not really sure whose/what email address is needed to satisfy this requirement ?

3. Annual Salary :
We must include Annual Salary on this letter per the requirements. i have held two positions in my company over 6 years (one first and then one currently held) and hence, i have two sections of roles and responsibilities, 1 for each position/duration.
Salary varies year over year, so should we :
A. Mention only one single annual salary # at the beginning of the letter i.e. current annual salary ?
.. OR...
B. Mention one annual salary # for each position ?
- if Yes,, should salary be the 'last held salary during the tenure at each position'.... or... should it be average annual salary over the years at each?

Thank you !

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sodapop123 said:
Few questions on letter of experience from employer :

1. Can the reference letter be signed by HR representative @ my company ? - i.e. no mention of immediate supervisor details anywhere on my letter
The reason i ask is :
  • Instructions @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp says : "and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company"
  • However, when you click on the information icon at the right side of the page where you upload your documents, the popup window says : "the signature of your immediate supervisor".

2. For this requirement : "company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address)" - my letter will have the company name, address and telephone number on the top right of the letter, but the company won't have an email address. The HR Rep who signs the letter will not have the email address below his/her name either......
I'm not really sure whose/what email address is needed to satisfy this requirement ?

3. Annual Salary :
We must include Annual Salary on this letter per the requirements. i have held two positions in my company over 6 years (one first and then one currently held) and hence, i have two sections of roles and responsibilities, 1 for each position/duration.
Salary varies year over year, so should we :
A. Mention only one single annual salary # at the beginning of the letter i.e. current annual salary ?
.. OR...
B. Mention one annual salary # for each position ?
- if Yes,, should salary be the 'last held salary during the tenure at each position'.... or... should it be average annual salary over the years at each?

Thank you !
1. HR representative is fine - mention his/her name, designation and contact details.

2. In addition to company information on the letter head, if possible, try to get the HR representative's email/contact details.

3. Last drawn salary for each position.

varun.india

Dec 16, 2015
My ex employee in Ontario, Canada is not providing me the experience letter. He is saying we give experience letter to only current employees.
What should I do