+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter from my current employer

cincycat78

Nov 24, 2008
Hi All,

I am in the process of initiating my PR process through AINP and my lawyer is asking for an experience letter from my current employer. My current employer does not know about my immigration plans and if I ask them for an experience letter it might jeopardize my job. Can any of you please suggest some alternatives?

Can I provide my lawyer with my h1B initiation document (where my employer has mentioned about my job description etc)..I have all my pay stubs/ W2 forms etc..Would really appreciate it if someone can give me some pointers.

Best Regards,

Cincycat

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tell your employer you need a statement of your working there. People get them all the time to apply for credit cards, loans etc.
It should say your job title, that you are working there full time and how long you have worked there. Put that together with your H1B document listing some of your job duties and see if it's enough. Include a cover letter for AINP stating why you can't get a detailed job duties letter from your boss.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
I have used copy of LCA letter prepared by employed for USCIS at time filing H1B as
a proof of job responsibility.

I also used a general letter of employment state designation, start date and salary
given by my employer.

My guess is that should work.

black haired guy

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
ainpdude said:
I have used copy of LCA letter prepared by employed for USCIS at time filing H1B as
a proof of job responsibility.

I also used a general letter of employment state designation, start date and salary
given by my employer.

My guess is that should work.
Is copy of LCA letter prepared by employer for USCIS at time filing H1B required document? Would reference letter and offer letter from my employer suffice?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
black haired guy said:
Is copy of LCA letter prepared by employer for USCIS at time filing H1B required document? Would reference letter and offer letter from my employer suffice?
LCA is not required. I have not seen any of my H1B related documents other than I-797 (approval notice) and new I-94. I sent those along with a reference letter from my boss that had my title, duties, salary and dates of employment (just the start date). I also included a most recent paystub. I guess those documents must have been sufficient as I have already received my nomination (on Feb 10).

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
cincycat78 said:
Hi All,

I am in the process of initiating my PR process through AINP and my lawyer is asking for an experience letter from my current employer. My current employer does not know about my immigration plans and if I ask them for an experience letter it might jeopardize my job. Can any of you please suggest some alternatives?

Can I provide my lawyer with my h1B initiation document (where my employer has mentioned about my job description etc)..I have all my pay stubs/ W2 forms etc..Would really appreciate it if someone can give me some pointers.

Best Regards,

Cincycat

Speak to your lawyer. Surely your lawyer works for you so tell him/her that it would be hard for you to get such a letter and why and they might have other suggestion.

black haired guy

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
nix1 said:
black haired guy said:
LCA is not required. I have not seen any of my H1B related documents other than I-797 (approval notice) and new I-94. I sent those along with a reference letter from my boss that had my title, duties, salary and dates of employment (just the start date). I also included a most recent paystub. I guess those documents must have been sufficient as I have already received my nomination (on Feb 10).
Thanks nix1. I mailed my application and supporting docs today to AINP program by express mail. Any idea how long it might take to hear back from them? One more question, I had received an email in December to email/fax my supporting docs but at the time I did not as i was looking at the FSW program. Would that have any effect on my new application at all?

bobydavid71

Dec 31, 2009
Hi

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions.

I sent some good materials to Tommy, pls read mail and give feedback.
Rgs