+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience as a Trainee count in PR??

Tulips1987

May 10, 2015
Hi Guys,

So i have worked for Wipro India for almost 5 years.... which i think now i shouldn't have...

If you are from India and have worked in IT industry... you might be aware of this WASE program which Wipro has. Under this program which they call as a work integrated program ....they hire fresh graduates... make them work on weekdays as any other full time employee on projects, conduct classes on weekends ..pay minimal stipend...and give them a masters degree after 4 years and a position as Sr. Project Engineer.

But the catch is they don't mention you as an employee but a student/Trainee on the experience letter for those 4 years....although the truth is we work full time for them on weekdays and have classes on weekends...

This way the company gets cheap labor...

In the experience letter they mentioned me as trainee...... So basically i have a letter stating i was a trainee with them for 4 years and my stipend amount..

Will this experience count in my PR if i apply under CEC(i have 1 year exp in canada)... and i give a letter stating i was a WASE Trainee and was paid a stipend.

i want to get points for my experience outside canada.

Thanks for the help...

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are employed full time and you are paid for the job than its fine. since the job duties is what matters instead of the designation

Kavyashree

May 21, 2017
AOR Received.
17-09-2019
Since you will be receiving experience letter, there should be no problem. And Master degree, you will be receiving a degree certificate mentioning you completed the degree. No where it will be mentioned as an integrated course or anything as such. This should not be an issue either. I have no personal experience but this is what I think