+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expedited Process - Decision Letter

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
cant remember. but given the whole case from start to approved took 5 months, i'd say it might have been a months more or less
Hi, thanks for the reply! Can you plz go in a bit more details? What did you write and who did you wrote it to? What address did you send the letter?
Me and my wife are fulltime working but we including our 2 minor kids are so much limited in health care/lifestyle and it is such point that limits us from getting promoted at work and we are not receiving any child tax and we are willing to buy a house but we cant do anything! We cant invest in our future because nothing is certain! So yes I am sure there are allot ppl with the same situation so everyone is gonna appreciate any information to have at least some peace of mind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thanks for the reply! Can you plz go in a bit more details? What did you write and who did you wrote it to? What address did you send the letter?
Me and my wife are fulltime working but we including our 2 minor kids are so much limited in health care/lifestyle and it is such point that limits us from getting promoted at work and we are not receiving any child tax and we are willing to buy a house but we cant do anything! We cant invest in our future because nothing is certain! So yes I am sure there are allot ppl with the same situation so everyone is gonna appreciate any information to have at least some peace of mind.
Not sure what healthcare limits you are receiving. Asylum claimants have more healthcare coverage than average Canadians.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

uhanif

Mar 25, 2019
why are you guys waiting for them to do it? if you want your case noticed you gotta do it yourself.
i applied in july. 2017 im from one of the countries eligible for expedited processing, do as soon as they received my app, i wrote a handwritten letter, asking for expedited process as i am longing to get fully integrated in canadian society, and they sent me letter stating that they approved my request. my case was approved in december of 2017 5 months basically[

Hey can you please tell a little more detail please. What did you write in the letter, who did you write the letter to? Please help me on this. I haven’t seen my wife in such a long time.

Fawazo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hey can you please tell a little more detail please. What did you write in the letter, who did you write the letter to? Please help me on this. I haven’t seen my wife in such a long time.
so sorry to hear that man, i couldn't imagine not seeing my wife for a week let alone months i feel for you bro and hope it gets better soon. think about the filled half of the cup and keep your head up eh

while for question, make sure you're from one of these countries

"To qualify for the file-review process, a claimant must be from one of 14 countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Egypt, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela and Yemen."
Source https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2019/02/01/ottawa-begins-fast-tracking-asylum-claims-from-selected-countries.html

as to how, my memory is a bit foggy when it comes to recalling where exactly i went, my lawyer advised me to go and write a letter requesting expedited process. i thought it would be filling an application, but when i got to their office in montreal, it might have been an IRCC office or maybe an IRB

when i walked in I explained my intentions to a nice french canadian gentleman, and instead of handing me a form he game a blank paper and told me to write my request. I wasn't sure what to write, I asked the man, he said just write why you want it expedited and I did just that.
The cruz of my letter was that i'm requesting expedited process as I am a young man with a life ahead of me. I told them that I had learned english in a few years and I cannot wait to learn French just as good and be a full functioning member in canadian and Quebecois society. I told them that I left the states for Canada mainly because the hold up in processing was holding me from going to university when I should have (I applied to asylum at 16 and after high school I was shocked to know that I was out of luck with education as US schools would charge me international fees for lack of official immigration status)
I wrote a compelling from heart letter and a few weeks later I got a letter from IRB saying I was selected for expedited process.
If you weren't great at english or writing or whatever, i wouldn't stress about the content of the letter, what matters is 1. being from a designated country (one of the 14 above) 2. actually sending a request letter. How poetic you write, i doubt will affect the outcome,.

Cheers now mate good luck and let me know how it goes

Edit:
I went down memory lane and remembered where i went. It was the IRB office on 200 Rene levesque
Make sure it's the IRB office where you case is.
for instance, after i did the letter, they transferred my file to Vancouver. Had my file already been in vancouver, I think i might have had to fax or mail the letter rather than handing it over

Last edited:

uhanif

Mar 25, 2019
so sorry to hear that man, i couldn't imagine not seeing my wife for a week let alone months i feel for you bro and hope it gets better soon. think about the filled half of the cup and keep your head up eh

while for question, make sure you're from one of these countries

"To qualify for the file-review process, a claimant must be from one of 14 countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Egypt, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela and Yemen."
Source https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2019/02/01/ottawa-begins-fast-tracking-asylum-claims-from-selected-countries.html

as to how, my memory is a bit foggy when it comes to recalling where exactly i went, my lawyer advised me to go and write a letter requesting expedited process. i thought it would be filling an application, but when i got to their office in montreal, it might have been an IRCC office or maybe an IRB

when i walked in I explained my intentions to a nice french canadian gentleman, and instead of handing me a form he game a blank paper and told me to write my request. I wasn't sure what to write, I asked the man, he said just write why you want it expedited and I did just that.
The cruz of my letter was that i'm requesting expedited process as I am a young man with a life ahead of me. I told them that I had learned english in a few years and I cannot wait to learn French just as good and be a full functioning member in canadian and Quebecois society. I told them that I left the states for Canada mainly because the hold up in processing was holding me from going to university when I should have (I applied to asylum at 16 and after high school I was shocked to know that I was out of luck with education as US schools would charge me international fees for lack of official immigration status)
I wrote a compelling from heart letter and a few weeks later I got a letter from IRB saying I was selected for expedited process.
If you weren't great at english or writing or whatever, i wouldn't stress about the content of the letter, what matters is 1. being from a designated country (one of the 14 above) 2. actually sending a request letter. How poetic you write, i doubt will affect the outcome,.

Cheers now mate good luck and let me know how it goes

Edit:
I went down memory lane and remembered where i went. It was the IRB office on 200 Rene levesque
Make sure it's the IRB office where you case is.
for instance, after i did the letter, they transferred my file to Vancouver. Had my file already been in vancouver, I think i might have had to fax or mail the letter rather than handing it over
Hey, thank you soooo much for your reply and telling me about your experience. So I am from Pakistan and have made a claim on religious bases i.e. shia. I see that I can be selected for a file review.

Link: https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/information-sheets/Pages/less-complex-claims.aspx

Does it qualify for an expedited review as well?

I made my claim on the border from Buffalo NY in Ontario. Which office should I go to?

Also, for the letter. Would it be a valid argument to say that I have not seen my wife? Because I would assume a lot of asylum claimants don’t see their family for a while or should I just keep it to my professional career and speak about that? Let me know thanks again. I really appreciate the help.