+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exclusion order issued but married to a canadian citizen

Everest0047

Nov 11, 2021
Hi everyone, First i would like to thank everyone for reading this and giving their honest reviews. I applied for extension of study permit in jan 2020 and was on implied status. One day at work there was an incident due to which my manager called the police to report ( i was not involved, just a witness ). They came to follow up on the report and took our name on their dairy to file in report. The officer came back and i knew something was wrong, he informed me i have an endorsed immigration warrant on me and have to come back with him to the police station ( SEP 2020). After that i was in detention for an hour as they were trying to get a cbsa officer on line for my phone call. after taking to him i was informed that i was arrested because i filled 3a as no in my application but was arrested and place in drunk tank. I told him the way i understood it was that was i arrested due to committing a criminal offense. Moving on they left me stating that i need to turn my passport in and report every week. i got an RCMP check and it was clean. On March 2021, i married my coworker which i have been dating for a year. Recently, i lost the case on admissibility hearing where the judge favoured the minister stating that i was arrested and chauffeured by police to drunk tank. My lawyer stated that i was not given ant phone call and nothing of that sort was presented on police report but i guess mood of judge matters. Any way the decision went against me and an exclusion order was issued on my name even though i am finishing my last semester in university. My lawyer says that we will apply for PRRA and file for the inland sponsorship as my wife is canadian citizen but i have some doubts. Questions 1 - Is it worth it ? 2- Is the lawyers advise sensible ? 3- Will i get approved if i apply? 4 I never thought to apply for inland sponsorship therefore need to produce all documents which will take a lot of time? 4- Is there any hope for me staying. 5- Will they let me to come back after 5 years 6 should i appeal it in federal court
Thank-you for your inputs.

Last edited:

Thom2118

Apr 24, 2021
You should try the PRRA and submit an inland sponsorship application too, is a 50/50 chance but at least you’re trying instead of going back to your country and who knows how long will take to get back, that’s my advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, First i would like to thank everyone for reading this and giving their honest reviews. I applied for extension of study permit in jan 2020 and was on implied status. One day at work there was an incident due to which my manager called the police to report ( i was not involved, just a witness ). They came to follow up on the report and took our name on their dairy to file in report. The officer came back and i knew something was wrong, he informed me i have an endorsed immigration warrant on me and have to come back with him to the police station ( SEP 2020). After that i was in detention for an hour as they were trying to get a cbsa officer on line for my phone call. after taking to him i was informed that i was arrested because i filled 3a as no in my application but was arrested and place in drunk tank. I told him the way i understood it was that was i arrested due to committing a criminal offense. Moving on they left me stating that i need to turn my passport in and report every week. i got an RCMP check and it was clean. On March 2021, i married my coworker which i have been dating for a year. Recently, i lost the case on admissibility hearing where the judge favoured the minister stating that i was arrested and chauffeured by police to drunk tank. My lawyer stated that i was not given ant phone call and nothing of that sort was presented on police report but i guess mood of judge matters. Any way the decision went against me and an exclusion order was issued on my name even though i am finishing my last semester in university. My lawyer says that we will apply for PRRA and file for the inland sponsorship as my wife is canadian citizen but i have some doubts. Questions 1 - Is it worth it ? 2- Is the lawyers advise sensible ? 3- Will i get approved if i apply? 4 I never thought to apply for inland sponsorship therefore need to produce all documents which will take a lot of time? 4- Is there any hope for me staying. 5- Will they let me to come back after 5 years 6 should i appeal it in federal court
Thank-you for your inputs.
What's your home country? Are you at risk of harm if you return? If so, then it makes sense that your lawyer is recommending the PRRA route.

Your situation is complex and extremely unique. If you want a second opinion on the best course of a action, I would get a consult with another lawyer.