+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exchanged US license for Canadian G

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

As there is so much confusion on this topic, so I want to share my exp to exchange the US license with the Canadian License.

I had a 2 Wisconsin and 2 California license. Total: 5 years of Driving History.

I had 3 physical copies of my current and old (VOID) license (2 Wisconsin and 1 California) which had a total of 4 years of continuous driving history.
At the drive center, they saw my 3 license and online driver extract and gave me a G license. No need to get an official driving record.

Center: Brampton, Ontario

gary51956

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

As there is so much confusion on this topic, so I want to share my exp to exchange the US license with the Canadian License.

I had a 2 Wisconsin and 2 California license. Total: 5 years of Driving History.

I had 3 physical copies of my current and old (VOID) license (2 Wisconsin and 1 California) which had a total of 4 years of continuous driving history.
At the drive center, they saw my 3 license and online driver extract and gave me a G license. No need to get an official driving record.

Center: Brampton, Ontario
You will need a drivers record to prove how long you have been driving for insurance if you want a better premium rate.