+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exceptional delay in study permit (applied online)

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you need to get too anxious as I saw couple of applicants who applied around mid March getting notifications today. Just wait for few days more and see. All the best.

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dok said:
Hello Saranjeet singh, it's in fact not too early. I am for September, but I sent my application in early march and everything is fine. My friends even applied on 1st Feb and have their visas approved in early march, but they are scheduled for Sept. (Fall) intake.
You are right but i think its good if we apply after April. Might be VO think that why you need visa too early. Its just my view , i might be wrong.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
maver12 said:
I have raised case specific query, but didnt get any auto generated confirmation this time.
Can anyone clarify- when I uploaded my transcripts 3 weeks back I didnt get any confirmation through email. whereas I can see the remark Replacement provided in my CIC account. Did anyone who applied online got an email confirmation after uploading?
Actually, f you upload replacement document you don't receive a confirmation because there you can see for yourself that it has been submittd. However, if you've ticked that you want updates on your applications, then as soon as the visa officer look at your application you will get notification e-mail that " Your status has been updated, please log into MyCIC to check your status''. This part can be found at the top of the page where you can see the submitted application on MyCIC. You just enter your e-mail address and tick/check on the update me monthly or whatever is there. I did this and I received numerous of such messages as soon as the visa officer touched my file in my e-mail to check my application status. And finally when my study permit application was approved, I got a message to check my status at MyCIC. The online system works perfectly if you put things in order.

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Satvir Singh said:
Do not apply visa before 120 days from your start class date..In my knowledge for Sept. intake they should start visa process in start of May.
There are people who got visa early. In my knowledge one member in this forum named 'mokhaleel' got visa for sept intake on april. :)

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know that this depends from consulate to consulate. I know a friend from Hungary who has already got the visa for Sept., but again this might be because they have a longer processing time. In Delhi, since the processing time is less, they might not have started yet.
But again, OP has applied for May intake and he should have got his visa by now. I see serious issues with online applications in Delhi.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maver12, I was just wondering if there is a way you can withdraw your application and apply in paper. That might just work out faster.
BTW, OP means 'Original Poster' which in this context refers to you :)

dok

Apr 20, 2014
tormentor said:
Maver12, I was just wondering if there is a way you can withdraw your application and apply in paper. That might just work out faster.
BTW, OP means 'Original Poster' which in this context refers to you :)
I don't think it's advisable.

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveen1989 said:
There are people who got visa early. In my knowledge one member in this forum named 'mokhaleel' got visa for sept intake on april. :)
Please tell me how much funds i have to show for visa ? And how old funds should be ??

Amitsundly

Apr 3, 2014
saranjeet singh said:
Please tell me how much funds i have to show for visa ? And how old funds should be ??
Mate

According to the law you have to show 10000 plus ur first year fee. But visa officer also looks at the future and so having funds for two years is a positive thing. Also visa officer looks at the the source of income either urs or ur parents if they are sponsoring u. A healthy income is a positive.

mokhaleel

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
maver12 said:
got a letter yesterday to submit my passport!!
CONGRATS MATE

I have got the visa stamped before one week,
Could I ask you when should I apply for Study and work permit?
I'm admitted to Sept. 2014 intake

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amitsundly said:
Mate

According to the law you have to show 10000 plus ur first year fee. But visa officer also looks at the future and so having funds for two years is a positive thing. Also visa officer looks at the the source of income either urs or ur parents if they are sponsoring u. A healthy income is a positive.
And how old this funds should be ??

swagger88

Sep 27, 2013
maver12 said:
Is there anyone who applied for study permit (general) in mid march and still waiting for it?
How many of you applied online?
[/Hi, I have applied visa in general category on 20th of March. Still no reply from der side. I have mailed them about my situation but i jst got an automated mail reply. As far as i know my application is complete becoz i have submitted each n every document.quote]