+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exceptional delay in study permit (applied online)

maver12

Mar 30, 2014
Hi all,
I had applied online for my study permit (for May intake) on 16th march. It has been over 5 weeks and my visa has not been approved yet.
After 3 weeks of no response from CHC I had raised a case specific query & after that I was asked to submit my degree certificate. After another 2 weeks of no response I raised case specific query twice. Strangely, both these times I did not get any auto-generated confirmation. I also tried calling the HC but to no avail. Now when I send a query to -delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, there is no auto-generated confirmation of the receipt here too.
Hope anyone here could guide me.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Your case is of course very strange. According to the current processing time, New Delhi is 3 weeks and yours has exceeded. Are you sure you submitted a complete application? Sometimes, missing documents may not be reported and will unnecesarily delay your application.

minaz31

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
maver12, you are not alone, there are many guys who are still waiting.

Amitsundly

Apr 3, 2014
Same situation here
Applied on 24th march, no response yet. I hVe already sent three emails and called twice but they aren't commenting anything.

maver12

Mar 30, 2014
I submitted an online application. So whatever documents were asked I had uploaded.
After my first query I was asked for degree and I had provided that as well.
My admission (MASc) is with a full scholarship that covers my tuition as well as part of living expenses. Is there anything I can possibly do to get response from CHC?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
maver12 said:
I submitted an online application. So whatever documents were asked I had uploaded.
After my first query I was asked for degree and I had provided that as well.
My admission (MASc) is with a full scholarship that covers my tuition as well as part of living expenses. Is there anything I can possibly do to get response from CHC?
Possibly, you might have provided them with everything. But as your colleagues are saying, probably the embassy might have received overwhelmingly many visa applications and the current processing time might have changed. Where I submitted my study permit application, the current processiong time is 9 weeks, but my online application was processed within less 2 weeks. So sometimes circumstances change. Just pray and I hope everything will be fine. Which Canadain Province will you be studying?

maver12

Mar 30, 2014
Is there anyone who applied for study permit (general) in mid march and still waiting for it?
How many of you applied online?

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes maver12, I had applied online too on 22nd Feb. They asked for the degree certificates 2 days later and I uploaded it immediately. Since then there is no news. I'm for Sept intake though. It seems online applications have no accountability at all!

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. I had raised a case specific query on 16th and 22nd March after the expiry of the mandated processing time. Did not receive any reply for those :(

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Don't worry...you will get a decision before may. In my case, it was the same.

Applied on early November 2013 for March intake and got the decision on late feb. Sadly it was a refusal letter.

Amitsundly

Apr 3, 2014
All that I know is only General applications are getting delayed. SPP are still on time. There are people who received their visa within a week under SPP.

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tormentor said:
Yes maver12, I had applied online too on 22nd Feb. They asked for the degree certificates 2 days later and I uploaded it immediately. Since then there is no news. I'm for Sept intake though. It seems online applications have no accountability at all!
why did you apply 6 months before ?? Dont you think it was too early.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Saranjeet singh, it's in fact not too early. I am for September, but I sent my application in early march and everything is fine. My friends even applied on 1st Feb and have their visas approved in early march, but they are scheduled for Sept. (Fall) intake.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, absolutely true! I had applied early just because all the required docs were ready from my part and CIC advises us to apply early. However, in hindsight I think applying later through VFS would have been better as we wouldn't have been left hanging in middle of nowhere.