+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Examples of cancelled as incomplete?

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello all. After gathering all of the relevant documents, reading lots of advice, being extremely thorough (or so I thought), my (and my partner's) application was just cancelled as incomplete, due to a missing police certificate. We're now back to square one, as are many others, I see!

We didn't supply an up to date UK police check as we have only just returned to the country and haven't yet been back for six months (the one we supplied was from the last time we lived in the country). I'm annoyed at myself for not realising that we needed to supply one anyway as it's our current place of residence.

I've created a new profile and am once again awaiting an invite. I plan to double and triple check every little detail, even more so than last time of course, but I'm wondering if there's anything else not so obvious that has caused anyone's application to be cancelled as incomplete?

I've read many guidelines, and will continue to do so. I've followed the required format and specs for every single upload. I just thought they'd request further information if needed, rather than outright cancel the application. So I'm now concerned that if they require extra information, they'll cancel again rather than request it. For example - proof of common law partnership. If they don't feel we've provided enough evidence, will they request more, or just cancel as incomplete?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Hello all. After gathering all of the relevant documents, reading lots of advice, being extremely thorough (or so I thought), my (and my partner's) application was just cancelled as incomplete, due to a missing police certificate. We're now back to square one, as are many others, I see!

We didn't supply an up to date UK police check as we have only just returned to the country and haven't yet been back for six months (the one we supplied was from the last time we lived in the country). I'm annoyed at myself for not realising that we needed to supply one anyway as it's our current place of residence.

I've created a new profile and am once again awaiting an invite. I plan to double and triple check every little detail, even more so than last time of course, but I'm wondering if there's anything else not so obvious that has caused anyone's application to be cancelled as incomplete?

I've read many guidelines, and will continue to do so. I've followed the required format and specs for every single upload. I just thought they'd request further information if needed, rather than outright cancel the application. So I'm now concerned that if they require extra information, they'll cancel again rather than request it. For example - proof of common law partnership. If they don't feel we've provided enough evidence, will they request more, or just cancel as incomplete?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
well, first of all I am sorry to hear that. since there is no single manual for success as all cases are different, try to have your documents as recent as possible (not just PCC, but also certificates, PoF, current employment reference - previous experiences should be ok even if old ones, pictures... etc. it is not much but I would suggest you read the Help section of every document you will upload. I have found answers/clarification in there that I didn't think of before through reading on the forums (just couldn't have thought of it)
wish you luck and don't lose hope

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PCCs are probably the most common reason for incomplete. So you've already learned that lesson : )

This is unfortunate but not uncommon. The burden is on you to submit a complete application. They cannot run an "express entry" system if VOs have to chase down missing documents and other information; normal processing times would go back to 2 years.

In some cases, they will request clarification, mostly to do with meeting the employment requirements. If they are concerned about misrepresentation, you will be given a chance to respond.

If you are concerned about the evidence of common law partnership, then I would suggest describing what documentation you are providing and get some feedback here.