+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exact time of 1st PR card receiving after landing ?

aizacastillo

May 25, 2018
Yea give it bout 2-3 weeks and u should get it...where u originally from
I'm from the Philippines but working in the UAE. I actually have to go back there on May 30 and until now I haven't received my card yet. I'm nkt sure if I can go out of Canada without it.

Bahamaboy

Mar 6, 2018
I'm from the Philippines but working in the UAE. I actually have to go back there on May 30 and until now I haven't received my card yet. I'm nkt sure if I can go out of Canada without it.
I think u have to apply for a certain form for that u can look it on this forum also

annietea

Apr 27, 2018
I've landed on 02Dec from Pearson airport, not sure when i can received the card. Have business travel to US in late Jan...And I couldn't even check the processing time on their website once i entered all the personal application info. Not sure how it works.
Question: Do they start to process from the time i landed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've landed on 02Dec from Pearson airport, not sure when i can received the card. Have business travel to US in late Jan...And I couldn't even check the processing time on their website once i entered all the personal application info. Not sure how it works.
Question: Do they start to process from the time i landed?
Current processing times for new PR cards is 54 days. This does not include mailing time. Yes - this starts from the day you land. So you should have your PR card around mid-February.

If you have to travel to the US before you have your PR card, then you would either have to obtain a PR Travel Document once in the US to re-enter Canada or re-enter Canada through a land border rather than flying.