+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

etobicoke processing issue, long wait for PR, need any advice

miko1

Apr 25, 2021
I initially posted this in the PNP thread but am moving it here as may be more relevant.

I applied for PR under the PNP non-EE online (inland) in 8/2021. For my category, PR applications are processed in 19 months, which means I should have completed processing in 3/2023. However, on request of my GCMS notes, they STARTED processing eligibility in 2/2023 - specifically, someone put a note on there for a CPO to review something. Per the call center, it has not been touched since that person put the note on my file, and I can confirm this on the GCMS notes. When I look at my application tracker however, it says they have NOT started eligibility processing. What's worse is that this entire time, for over a year, I have been told that my eligibility is in progress (except it isn't???)

This delay created massive issues with a new work permit, with the speculation property tax for non-PR in BC, and also with my job. I moved here trusting in the process and I am a vital worker. But it's basically been a nightmare and I'm ready to leave and go back to the US. However. I'm here and want to see this through. I have asked my MP several times, sent a webform appeal to IRCC after they exceeded normal processing times, called many times, am consulting a lawyer, and am considering a writ mandamus. I am frustrated because there is zero communication from IRCC, they tell me erroneous information, and if they have a question on my eligibility, they should let me know so I can address it - but they don't and instead tell me it's in progress which it isn't. I am also irate at the negligence they demonstrated in not looking at my application for 18 months. I also shouldn't have to spend $4K on a writ mandamus which is basically a legal order telling IRCC to do their job.

Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited:

richardsmile1

Sep 16, 2022
I initially posted this in the PNP thread but am moving it here as may be more relevant.

I applied for PR under the PNP non-EE online (inland) in 8/2021. For my category, PR applications are processed in 19 months, which means I should have completed processing in 3/2023. However, on request of my GCMS notes, they STARTED processing eligibility in 2/2023 - specifically, someone put a note on there for a CPO to review something. Per the call center, it has not been touched since that person put the note on my file, and I can confirm this on the GCMS notes. When I look at my application tracker however, it says they have NOT started eligibility processing. What's worse is that this entire time, for over a year, I have been told that my eligibility is in progress (except it isn't???)

This delay created massive issues with a new work permit, with the speculation property tax for non-PR in BC, and also with my job. I moved here trusting in the process and I am a vital worker. But it's basically been a nightmare and I'm ready to leave and go back to the US. However. I'm here and want to see this through. I have asked my MP several times, sent a webform appeal to IRCC after they exceeded normal processing times, called many times, am consulting a lawyer, and am considering a writ mandamus. I am frustrated because there is zero communication from IRCC, they tell me erroneous information, and if they have a question on my eligibility, they should let me know so I can address it - but they don't and instead tell me it's in progress which it isn't. I am also irate at the negligence they demonstrated in not looking at my application for 18 months. I also shouldn't have to spend $4K on a writ mandamus which is basically a legal order telling IRCC to do their job.

Does anyone have any advice?
Hi, how is PR status now? I am in the same situation PNP non-EE online since Jan.2022 at same office Etobicoke.