+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA - no answers

laroche

Jun 13, 2018
Dear all,

It has been 15 days that I sent my eTA request, for an one week visit (I'm coming from EU).
I received the automatically email confirmation with the application number, but that's it. So I submitted the webform, and didn't receive any update. I sent a 2nd request around 10 days ago, and same thing. Another webform sent, with flight tickets attached and an explanation about my situation. And so far, any reply.
When I check my application, the status is still in "no started" / "non commencé" .
I got in contact with the embassy and even with the government by phone, but they can't do anything to help, and mentioned such a delay, shouldn't happen.
I didn't take my flight in the end. And I'm getting exhausted with this wait...

* Anyone experienced a similar problem? If so, how was the delay to hearing from them?
* I also read something about sending a NON specific case IRCC form. Would be that a possibility to try to get any answer?

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,

It has been 15 days that I sent my eTA request, for an one week visit (I'm coming from EU).
I received the automatically email confirmation with the application number, but that's it. So I submitted the webform, and didn't receive any update. I sent a 2nd request around 10 days ago, and same thing. Another webform sent, with flight tickets attached and an explanation about my situation. And so far, any reply.
When I check my application, the status is still in "no started" / "non commencé" .
I got in contact with the embassy and even with the government by phone, but they can't do anything to help, and mentioned such a delay, shouldn't happen.
I didn't take my flight in the end. And I'm getting exhausted with this wait...

* Anyone experienced a similar problem? If so, how was the delay to hearing from them?
* I also read something about sending a NON specific case IRCC form. Would be that a possibility to try to get any answer?

Thank you in advance!
It's typically an instant approval unless there's something more complicated about your profile. Do you have any past criminal charges (even ones that may have been dismissed)? Have you been refused a visa to anywhere in the past or refused entry into a country or deported? Anything like that?

Unfortunately we have seen people wait up to a few months for an answer where their profile isn't straight forward.

laroche

Jun 13, 2018
@scylla , thx for your reply. I had a refused entry once, in the US (information that I putted on my eta request). Nevertheless, my dossier is still in 'no started' - probably it was not even checked yet.
I saw people posting delay cases, but always with updates or messages from the department.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla , thx for your reply. I had a refused entry once, in the US (information that I putted on my eta request). Nevertheless, my dossier is still in 'no started' - probably it was not even checked yet.
I saw people posting delay cases, but always with updates or messages from them.
The online status isn't always accurate. My guess is that processing has technically started - and that the US refusal listed in your application has triggered a process whereby IRCC is now verifying the reasons behind the refusal with the US. I think it's pretty much guaranteed this is the reason why you are delayed. Not sure there's much you can do but wait unfortunately.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk