+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eTA given in port of Entry letter of introduction shows no status on website checker

samdono45

Jan 30, 2024
Hello I have had a work permit applied for on my behalf for a hospital job in Nova Scotia from the UK, i have had the application approved and have been sent me letter of introduction (18th January) which states my eTA number and how long it is valid for, it doesn't include a work permit as that can only be given by a Canadian border officer pending a document check,

However when I check the eTA status by putting in the number along with my passport details and I have double checked and done this several times I get no results? I have emailed the website through their enquiry form, has anybody else had this issue? If I booked my flight anyway so you think I would be fine? It might not show anything on the website but surely scanning my passport would show the eTA number attached to it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I have had a work permit applied for on my behalf for a hospital job in Nova Scotia from the UK, i have had the application approved and have been sent me letter of introduction (18th January) which states my eTA number and how long it is valid for, it doesn't include a work permit as that can only be given by a Canadian border officer pending a document check,

However when I check the eTA status by putting in the number along with my passport details and I have double checked and done this several times I get no results? I have emailed the website through their enquiry form, has anybody else had this issue? If I booked my flight anyway so you think I would be fine? It might not show anything on the website but surely scanning my passport would show the eTA number attached to it.
So you are a UK citizen, and applied for eTA and it was approved. If so try entering on eTA and use LOI at border to get work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Try entering on eta? Don't understand sorry

When I put in my eta and passport details on this website
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.33346621.203288567.1458244437

Nothing shows up in the results, that's what I'm concerned about
So you are a UK citizen,, and you applied for eTA and were approved? But when you check status, you do not have an approved eTA. Not sure how you got eTA if you didn’t apply for one yourself. May I ask the NOC and hospital?

Last edited:

samdono45

Jan 30, 2024
So you are a UK citizen,, and you applied for eTA and were approved? But when you check status, you do not have an approved eTA. Not sure how you got eTA if you didn’t apply for one yourself. May I ask the NOC and hospital?
I have a job offer from a hospital in Nova Scotia, the immigration consultant compiled the documents on my behalf and sent them, he then forwarded me the letter of introduction containing my eta once the application was approved

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a job offer from a hospital in Nova Scotia, the immigration consultant compiled the documents on my behalf and sent them, he then forwarded me the letter of introduction containing my eta once the application was approved
So you have an approved LMIA and are UK citizen. So travel with your eTA with UK passport and see what happens. What is the job? Have you paid money? Medical? Biometrics? Not giving much information so it seems shady.

samdono45

Jan 30, 2024
Yes exactly approved LMIA, I have done everything, biometrics, medical, IELTS, proof of hours worked, I will work as a radiation technologist, I want to but I don't understand why my eta status doesn't show up when I put the number in the checker website and turning up at the airport with my plane ticket is risky if this technical BS means they prevent me boarding my flight

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes exactly approved LMIA, I have done everything, biometrics, medical, IELTS, proof of hours worked, I will work as a radiation technologist, I want to but I don't understand why my eta status doesn't show up when I put the number in the checker website and turning up at the airport with my plane ticket is risky if this technical BS means they prevent me boarding my flight
So you have your license to work in the province, so have everything in order. You are a UK citizen, yes? If so, I don’t know why it is not showing in tracker. Ask your consultant since didn’t seem to do the application/paperwork yourself.

samdono45

Jan 30, 2024
Exactly I've sent a web enquiry to the website asking why this is the case, I have also emailed the consultant who originally told me to confirm it shows up in the system, it's stressing me out as this is all just a waiting game, I don't think I'll book the flight till I get a guarantee, I was hoping for people to say they had a similar situation and they were fine showing up to their flight to abate some of my fear.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Exactly I've sent a web enquiry to the website asking why this is the case, I have also emailed the consultant who originally told me to confirm it shows up in the system, it's stressing me out as this is all just a waiting game, I don't think I'll book the flight till I get a guarantee, I was hoping for people to say they had a similar situation and they were fine showing up to their flight to abate some of my fear.
Because you didn’t do it yourself then you need to work with your consultant. Again you are UK citizen (you haven’t actually stated that) so if you LMIA, work permit and eTA all have the correct passport information/name then you should be okay.

samdono45

Jan 30, 2024
Because you didn’t do it yourself then you need to work with your consultant. Again you are UK citizen (you haven’t actually stated that) so if you LMIA, work permit and eTA all have the correct passport information/name then you should be okay.
Thanks for responses I'll wait on what the consultant or Immigration Canada says to me, the checker might work tomorrow but I've given more than 72 hours since receiving my Letter of Introduction for the eta to update onto the system