+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA cancelled with no email or reason

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
I was just checking up on my ETA and it says approved, but under that it says:

"Following an assessment of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been cancelled.
Your file is now closed. Should you wish to reapply for an eTA, we encourage you to do so only once you have addressed the reason(s) for the cancellation of your application. At that time, you may submit a new application at www.canada.ca/eTA.
You are no longer considered to hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada."

I'm confused by this as I have no idea why it would have been cancelled. I also never received an email, nor anything else. I found this as I thought I'd just check on it just in case... luckily I did.

As a bit of background I am on a closed work permit through PNP, was previously on IEC. I'm currently in the USA visiting some family. I'm a british citizen. I have to fly to get back where I live in Canada.

Is this because I flag polled? I did this around 2 months ago.

I also was on implied visitor status at one point, before flag polling for a closed work permit. Maybe it was cancelled due to them thinking I overstayed my visa? Even though I applied before hand. I also got a close work permit after my last one expired.

Maybe the border officer while flag polling cancelled it for whatever reason? Accidental?

I have also seen on this forum that some people have been shown this and it isn't actually cancelled: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa-no-stamp-on-landing.784759/

Maybe that.... Typical Canada IRCC website! But I assume that technical glitch is over.

I have sent off a form and re applied, but hopefully this doesn't make things difficult getting back in! It's just with no reason given I have no idea what I can rectify for the application.

Anyone else experienced this recently?

Thanks

cutlas77

Jan 10, 2023
Any update on this? I am in a bit similar situation while I have been working on a closed work permit for more than several years. And recently I found my eTA is "approved" but has a "canceled" message same to yours in the below box. I am really nervous about this.

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
Any update on this? I am in a bit similar situation while I have been working on a closed work permit for more than several years. And recently I found my eTA is "approved" but has a "canceled" message same to yours in the below box. I am really nervous about this.
I requested a new one, also rang them up and it was fine - it was actually cancelled tho, but they had no idea why.

However, 100% contact them and apply for a new one, as it is probably cancelled.

cutlas77

Jan 10, 2023
I requested a new one, also rang them up and it was fine - it was actually cancelled tho, but they had no idea why.

However, 100% contact them and apply for a new one, as it is probably cancelled.
Thanks! Can you advise where you made a call?