+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa: No Stamp on landing

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
My mother arrived in Canada on the Supervisa this week but her passport was not stamped by the immigration officer. Does this mean that she can stay in Canada until her passport expires (almost 3 years)?

Her passport will expire in 2026 and I think that is the reason why her Supervisa was also issued till the passport expiry date. Please confirm if my understanding is correct. Thank you!

Bsingh78

Feb 5, 2022
My mother arrived in Canada on the Supervisa this week but her passport was not stamped by the immigration officer. Does this mean that she can stay in Canada until her passport expires (almost 3 years)?

Her passport will expire in 2026 and I think that is the reason why her Supervisa was also issued till the passport expiry date. Please confirm if my understanding is correct. Thank you!
Yes,She can live here now for 5 years if she is on super visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Agree that she can stay for up to 5 years if she remains in Canada. She will need to apply to get a new passports. Depending on her home country she may or may not have difficulty getting a new passport while in Canada. Would suggest looking into whether it will be an issue while in Canada. That may factor into how long she can remain in Canada.

Reactions: A2D2 and kanha

Bsingh78

Feb 5, 2022
hi
i actually applied for my parents super visa and got 1 year paid insurance. I just noticed that start date of insurance is 1st may 2023 whereas my parents are travelling 10th feb to 15th march, should i get insurance updated and send it via webform to ircc or leave it as it is.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi
i actually applied for my parents super visa and got 1 year paid insurance. I just noticed that start date of insurance is 1st may 2023 whereas my parents are travelling 10th feb to 15th march, should i get insurance updated and send it via webform to ircc or leave it as it is.
duplicate

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
hi
Yes get that changed, start date is very important. Update the insurance provider and not the IRCC, the policy number stays same. Hopefully you have provided the travel date correctly in all your documents without any mismatch

A2D2

Jul 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
So, in case of no stamping on passport then on supervisa (PG-1), parents can stay for 5 years if landed in 2023, please correct me if above statement is wrong, as in my parents case as well, they have not stamped the passport at Toronto airport. Some places I read if no stamp that means can stay only 6 months. So I am little confused.

I was thinking initially as things are digitized so now they are not stamping the passport.

Last edited:

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
So, in case of no stamping on passport then on supervisa (PG-1), parents can stay for 5 years if landed in 2023, please correct me if above is correct as in my parents case as well they have not stamped the passport in Toronto airport. Some places I read if no stamp that means can stay only 6 months. So I am little confused.

I was thinking initially as things are digitized so now they are not stamping the passport.
For the travellers landing after July'22 with Supervisa, can stay for 5 years. No stamping is made during their entry. 6 months is default for tourist visa

Reactions: A2D2

A2D2

Jul 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks for the update, is it possible to share some link about this that after july 2022 supervisa doesn't require any stamping on landing. thank you so much once again in advance.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Thanks for the update, is it possible to share some link about this that after july 2022 supervisa doesn't require any stamping on landing. thank you so much once again in advance.
You can just search in google, you'll find the announcement

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, in case of no stamping on passport then on supervisa (PG-1), parents can stay for 5 years if landed in 2023, please correct me if above statement is wrong, as in my parents case as well, they have not stamped the passport at Toronto airport. Some places I read if no stamp that means can stay only 6 months. So I am little confused.

Parents will still have to qualify for supervisa insurance every year. If they don’t qualify for supervisa insurance one year they have to return home. Current maximum length of visit upon entry on a supervisa is 5 years. If no stamp it means they can visit for 5 years if they are able to obtain supervisa insurance each year.

Reactions: A2D2