+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Establishing Canadian Citizenship By Descent As An Adult

nathan lavery

Apr 14, 2019
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the below -

My application status recently changed to “Decision made” but does not actually say what the decision is -

I have seen some posts (from earlier in the forum) that has lead me to believe that some people know the outcome of their application prior to it being sent to them.

My query is should i expect to be updated further as to what the outcome is of my application?

Or is it more likely that i will have to wait for the information in the postal mail.

Not sure if anyone has experience of the situation and can provide insight.

Many thanks in advance.

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
Rackinfrackin... Got my package returned because I didn't put the date on the back of the photo.

Does anyone know if I can just send the same packet and proof of payment back but with updated pics or do I have to reprint the entire thing? Also, it says I also need to write the "studio" and "studio address" on the back of the photo. If I just took the picture myself, then do I just write my own name on it? There is literally no phone number to call to ask about this and the website doesn't say.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Rackinfrackin... Got my package returned because I didn't put the date on the back of the photo.

Does anyone know if I can just send the same packet and proof of payment back but with updated pics or do I have to reprint the entire thing? Also, it says I also need to write the "studio" and "studio address" on the back of the photo. If I just took the picture myself, then do I just write my own name on it? There is literally no phone number to call to ask about this and the website doesn't say.
Would pay to have it done to the exact passport specifications.

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
I don't need to pay someone else to do it -- I don't want to spend money on it when I have the equipment and software to do it myself. I need to know what to write on the back if I take it myself.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I don't need to pay someone else to do it -- I don't want to spend money on it when I have the equipment and software to do it myself. I need to know what to write on the back if I take it myself.
It’s clearly on the Government site what needs to be on the back of the photo
Suggest you look there, under the section appropriately named
“ Passport Photos “

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/photos.html

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I can't speak to the fact that you're not allowed to submit a picture you took yourself because it isn't stated on the website, but I took my picture at the FedEx store and the clerk cut it to size, and wrote his name and the store's address on the back of it for me; it only cost $10. I heard before, but also can't confirm that if your application package is returned to you a second time that it will just be denied, and you would have to start over from the beginning with a new application and freshly dated documents. I think the rationale for having the photographer and the studio address be written on the back of the picture is so that the photographer is acting like a notary, saying that the person on the picture is indeed you. So if you want to take the chance, then I guess you would write your own name, address and date on the picture per the instructions if you insist on taking it yourself.

Reactions: PirateJohn

PirateJohn

Jan 31, 2020
I can't speak to the fact that you're not allowed to submit a picture you took yourself because it isn't stated on the website, but I took my picture at the FedEx store and the clerk cut it to size, and wrote his name and the store's address on the back of it for me; it only cost $10. I heard before, but also can't confirm that if your application package is returned to you a second time that it will just be denied, and you would have to start over from the beginning with a new application and freshly dated documents. I think the rationale for having the photographer and the studio address be written on the back of the picture is so that the photographer is acting like a notary, saying that the person on the picture is indeed you. So if you want to take the chance, then I guess you would write your own name, address and date on the picture per the instructions if you insist on taking it yourself.
Thanks for the info. My color printer decided to go to the Great Office in the Sky so I will probably have to go to the UPS Store to get the pics printed. I'm thinking I might just be able to use the UPS Store address and name.