+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EOI - With a spouse OR Without a spouse?

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

FOr the express entry EOI, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) criteria has 2 categories i.e. With a spouse OR Without a spouse? I have hte following doubts/questions?

1. If I fill the EOI with "Without a spouse" criteria (calculate all the points) and submit, (assuming I recieve the invitation) then the PR visa will be applicable only for me? i.e. If I want my Spouse as well to accompany me (and apply PR Visa), will the application not be valid for my Spouse?

Basically, I am looking for my Spouse to get a PR Visa too (but as a dependant), so I am looking to understand which criteria should be selected for EOI.

Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mits0829 said:
Hi All,

FOr the express entry EOI, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) criteria has 2 categories i.e. With a spouse OR Without a spouse? I have hte following doubts/questions?

1. If I fill the EOI with "Without a spouse" criteria (calculate all the points) and submit, (assuming I recieve the invitation) then the PR visa will be applicable only for me? i.e. If I want my Spouse as well to accompany me (and apply PR Visa), will the application not be valid for my Spouse?

Basically, I am looking for my Spouse to get a PR Visa too (but as a dependant), so I am looking to understand which criteria should be selected for EOI.

Regards,
If you are married, you must apply "with spouse"

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
mits0829 said:
Hi All,

Regards,

You MUST choose "With Spouse"

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the quick responses.

When I see both the categories, there is a remarkable decrease in points you get when you calculate the CRS with spouse, instead of without spouse. Any idea why would that be the case?

For e.g. I can understand that education (for spouse) will add some points (though they are less), so when primary applicanmts education points are taken they are less "with spouse"
Level of Education => With a spouse or common-law partner - Number of points (140 maximum) => Without a spouse or common-law partner - Number of points (150 maximum)
Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer 112 120
[tr][td]

But for AGE, why there is reduction in points, that is not going to add when you take Spouse in consideration,

Also "CRS – Skill transferability factors" have considerable less points when you apply With Spouse.

Just trying to understand the logic behind this.

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
nickarter84 said:
You MUST choose "With Spouse"
Could you please point us to the source of this information? I have not seen this anywhere in the information that was released by CIC.

Thanks

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
nads1 said:
Could you please point us to the source of this information? I have not seen this anywhere in the information that was released by CIC.

Thanks

Whether its not written anywhere, but if you are going to apply without the spouse, then after getting PR for yourself. Later on, if you will require to apply PR for your spouse then he/she has to go through the same Express Entry process. Its my personal opinion.

Guys, correct me if I am wrong.

Amitmeet

Jan 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

My is query is related to sending the university attested marks sheets to the WES. I want the evaluation report of both my Graduation Degree and Master Degree as well as my spouse/wife Graduation Degree and Master Degree. Can I send both the separate envelopes issued by the respective universities with WES Reference Numbers (Two different Numbers in our case) mentioned on them in a single envelop to WES in Canada? Some one please guide as we have got our transcripts as well as attested marks sheets but I am not sending across to WES as I don't have the clarity about the doubt mentioned above.

Kindly guide...

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Amitmeet said:
Hi Guys,

My is query is related to sending the university attested marks sheets to the WES. I want the evaluation report of both my Graduation Degree and Master Degree as well as my spouse/wife Graduation Degree and Master Degree. Can I send both the separate envelopes issued by the respective universities with WES Reference Numbers (Two different Numbers in our case) mentioned on them in a single envelop to WES in Canada? Some one please guide as we have got our transcripts as well as attested marks sheets but I am not sending across to WES as I don't have the clarity about the doubt mentioned above.

Kindly guide...
Amit put all these in ONE SINGLE big envelope and send it to wes.No need of sending separately and paying twice.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
nads1 said:

Thanks
In the profile your are asked what your marital status is, if you say "No" when you are then that's misrepresentation.

Something you should never do with an immigration application is lie.