+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

envelope for WES evaluation with seal and signature

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All

I have a question to anyone who has done their WES evaluation. As WES mentioned about a seal and signature that should be present overlapping the flap closure of the envelope, is it necessary that both should be present (The envelope being an official envelope of the university) or does WES accept with just a seal overlapping the flap closure of the envelope without a signature.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a ton

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Seal and Sign is mandatory. Without that, you application will not be considered.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there *any* chance that WES will accept an envelope with a seal but no signature? My university sent it out some time ago and today the secretary told me that she's not sure if she signed it, since "signing the flap is not their standard procedure". I had explicitly requested that they do so, but apparently they've never ever signed an envelope flap...

:'(

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Zoide said:
Is there *any* chance that WES will accept an envelope with a seal but no signature? My university sent it out some time ago and today the secretary told me that she's not sure if she signed it, since "signing the flap is not their standard procedure". I had explicitly requested that they do so, but apparently they've never ever signed an envelope flap...

If you have already sent it, then wait to hear from WES. If you have not sent it, then you can get the university to sign it and then send it to them.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobbieleigh said:
Seal is enough. I sent my with seal only and I have my assessment.
Great! I really hope they accept it, since my university already sent it 14 days ago and it's going to take ~22 days total to get to WES.

Sending it again would be quite a pain. I had already gone to the university to request the transcript and pay for it, authenticated the university signatures at the Ministry of Foreign Relations, etc.

I'd ask WES directly, but that might just prompt them to apply stricter scrutiny to my specific envelope... ;D

EDIT: Bobbieleigh, what country are your transcripts from? Maybe WES doesn't require a signature for yours?

dabinich

Dec 2, 2015
Zoide said:

Mine was also sealed not signed. (at university they did not sign it, claiming it wasn't standart procedure etc.)
still got my evaluation, you will be fine.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobbieleigh said:
From Poland.
That's good. I looked up the requirements for Poland and they are very similar to those for my country (Costa Rica). It's also supposed to require a signature on the envelope, so at the very least yours wasn't just accepted because of laxer requirements.

dabinich said:
Mine was also sealed not signed. (at university they did not sign it, claiming it wasn't standart procedure etc.)
still got my evaluation, you will be fine.
Awesome! I hope everything turns out OK for me too. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
I sent my envelope to the University for sign and seal, but they would only put the seal. They said it's common practice with applicants for WES and they only seal the envelopes.

It would be a pain in the *** to have the application refused for such things. I my hoping for the best.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretester said:
Hi All

I have a question to anyone who has done their WES evaluation. As WES mentioned about a seal and signature that should be present overlapping the flap closure of the envelope, is it necessary that both should be present (The envelope being an official envelope of the university) or does WES accept with just a seal overlapping the flap closure of the envelope without a signature.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a ton
my spouse's university gave a letter that was sealed and not signed. And we got our evaluation...

cs5050206

Jan 4, 2017
Zoide said:
That's good. I looked up the requirements for Poland and they are very similar to those for my country (Costa Rica). It's also supposed to require a signature on the envelope, so at the very least yours wasn't just accepted because of laxer requirements.

Awesome! I hope everything turns out OK for me too. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Did your get your evaluation done. Please update. I have similar situation and got enveloped with seal not sign. Should I go to university again and get it signed?

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
cs5050206 said:
Did your get your evaluation done. Please update. I have similar situation and got enveloped with seal not sign. Should I go to university again and get it signed?
I got my evaluation done and the envelope I sent was only sealed by the university, not signed by anyone.

Gb3108

Apr 2, 2018
My university (university of southern California) had sent the transcripts but the back flap is not sealed or signed. The envelope says 'raised seal not required'. Will it suffice for WES ECA?