entry to canada without stamping passport

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
i submitted my citizenship application on 25 th september 2014 , one week later i went for a trip to my home country .
i just came back to canada yesterday ,i have noticed that both toronto and edmonton immigration did not stamp my passport .
is it normal? am i gonna have some issues later on in the process ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abdul560 said:
hi all
i submitted my citizenship application on 25 th september 2014 , one week later i went for a trip to my home country .
i just came back to canada yesterday ,i have noticed that both toronto and edmonton immigration did not stamp my passport .
is it normal? am i gonna have some issues later on in the process ?
You must have scanned your pr card on the kiosk. If so then no worries because immigration system records it and that's why they don't stamp your passport

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
kiosk scan is fast lane scan and for only nexus card holders. how come passport holders are going through this queue.

thecoolguysam said:
You must have scanned your pr card on the kiosk. If so then no worries because immigration system records it?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
blueshirt said:
kiosk scan is fast lane scan and for only nexus card holders. how come passport holders are going through this queue.
Nexus lanes are separate from these kiosks. When you enter airport there is an arrow stating pr card holders and also i think for citizens where u scan ur pr card and electronically validate your declaration card then the officer at the other end interviews you quickly. It happened with me when i came back from my home country and checked in at YVR airport

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
You must have scanned your pr card on the kiosk. If so then no worries because immigration system records it and that's why they don't stamp your passport
that's what i did exactly but i still wanted to have that stamp :)
thanks for ur answer

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Nexus lanes are separate from these kiosks. When you enter airport there is an arrow stating pr card holders and also i think for citizens where u scan ur pr card and electronically validate your declaration card then the officer at the other end interviews you quickly. It happened with me when i came back from my home country and checked in at YVR airport
the only diffrence with me is that nobody interviews me i scanned my papers and went right to get my luggage.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I am little lost here why you said citizens scan pr cards. you mean self scanning of passport and PR card. so those machines are called kiosks.

thecoolguysam said:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abdul560 said:
that's what i did exactly but i still wanted to have that stamp :)
thanks for ur answer
Its already recorded in the immigration system soit will still be counted as a entry regardless the passport was stamped or not.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
blueshirt said:
I am little lost here why you said citizens scan pr cards. you mean self scanning of passport and PR card. so those machines are called kiosks.
I don't know what the machines are called as but yes you van scan your pr cards. I am not sure about passports (citizens of canada). I can't recall

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Its already recorded in the immigration system soit will still be counted as a entry regardless the passport was stamped or not.
i entirly agree with you but if someone has got stamps for their entries on the passport this will avoid them to go and ask for cbsa entry reports later on in the process ? correct me if i am wrong.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abdul560 said:
the only diffrence with me is that nobody interviews me i scanned my papers and went right to get my luggage.
It wasn't exactly an interview. The officer standing near kiosk just checked my passport and may be one question. After i took my luggage, i handed over declaration card to the official at the exit

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
abdul560 said:
i entirly agree with you but if someone has got stamps for their entries on the passport this will avoid them to go and ask for cbsa entry reports later on in the process ? correct me if i am wrong.
Cic will anyways contact cbsa for records because same is mentioned in the citizenship application. You need to give consent to cic to get records from cbsa

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Cic will anyways contact cbsa for records because same is mentioned in the citizenship application. You need to give consent to cic to get records from cbsa
Alright then i got it
thanks for the clarification

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your home country passport means nothing, you don't even have a valid visa to enter canada
agent or officer only considers your valid pr card
don't expect that you can get stamp or whatever you wish...

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
your home country passport means nothing, you don't even have a valid visa to enter canada
agent or officer only considers your valid pr card
don't expect that you can get stamp or whatever you wish...
your answer also does mean nothing to me .