+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Urviraj

Dec 22, 2022
Here is the latest update:
I called BLS Surrey on Friday, Dec 30 and they said that I should expect my visa to be processed by end of this week. There was no update/or change in the status until today. I checked around 2:40pm MST and the status on indian visa's website shows "Processed and Printed". So, hoping to get my passport back by end of this week now. Will update when I receive it. Happy new year and good luck to everyone who's application is still in process
Have you received your passport?

Reactions: anotherguy123

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Have you received your passport?
Just received my passport 15 mins ago.

Here is the complete timeline for my Entry Visa:

Dec 5: Postal Application sent from Calgary
Dec 6: Delivered at BLS Surrey (Purolator Website)
Dec 7 - Dec 16: Status - "No records found". (BLS Website) Multiple calls to ask about my application status and to open my application.
Dec 17: Status changed to "Under processing" on BLS Portal and IndiaVisa. Got an email that my Visa application is accepted and my passport is with an agent.
Dec 19: Status updated to "In transit from BLS to Consulate General" (BLS Website)
Dec 20: Status updated to "Processing at Consulate General (BLS Website). The status is still showing "Under processing" at (IndianVisa).
Jan 2: Status changed to "Processed and Printed" on IndianVisa website. Status still showing as "Processing at Consulate General on BLS Portal.
Jan 4: Status changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS" on BLS Portal
Jan 5: Status changed to "Ready for dispatch" on BLS Portal
Jan 6: Passport Received at home in Calgary

A full month from sending the application to receiving the visa and getting passport back in hand. Hopefully this helps anyone who's application is still under processing.

Reactions: Urviraj

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone
My status on indianvisaonline changed to Processed & Printed though it hasnt changed on BLS website yet. Can anyone tell me how long consulate takes to send passport back to BLS and then how long it takes for our passport from BLS to reach us ( Am from Calgary).
Please refer to my timeline. Roughly 4 days to get your passport back to you. My status was showing processed and printed on Jan 2 and I got my passport today Jan 6 in Calgary

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
Please refer to my timeline. Roughly 4 days to get your passport back to you. My status was showing processed and printed on Jan 2 and I got my passport today Jan 6 in Calgary
Thankyou, does Purolator deliver on weekdays only? Am so close to my travel date:0 Flying on 11th

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All,

Wanted to understand the difference between eVISA and regular paper visa for India. I know there is significant difference in processing time eVISA takes max of 3 days and regular paper visa takes around 30 days as per the current timelines in BLS-Canada.

Looking at various forums found we need to land in specific Indian airport with eVISA but while filling the online form for regular paper visa it is also asking for port of entry to land, not sure what is the difference then or my understanding is wrong.

Is there anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi All,

Wanted to understand the difference between eVISA and regular paper visa for India. I know there is significant difference in processing time eVISA takes max of 3 days and regular paper visa takes around 30 days as per the current timelines in BLS-Canada.

Looking at various forums found we need to land in specific Indian airport with eVISA but while filling the online form for regular paper visa it is also asking for port of entry to land, not sure what is the difference then or my understanding is wrong.

Is there anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA.
For one, paper visa can be applied for as long as 10 years. Once done, you wouldn't have to plan ahead for every trip. With e-Visa, i'm assuming there is some formalities for every trip.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
For one, paper visa can be applied for as long as 10 years. Once done, you wouldn't have to plan ahead for every trip. With e-Visa, i'm assuming there is some formalities for every trip.
Thanks...

Anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA other than validity for 10 years?

Avinashredthu

Jan 9, 2020
Hello All,

Any one here applied for Indian E-visa after getting a Canadian Passport. Please share your timeline. My oath is on March 17 and my travel date to india is pril 22nd. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I have a question regarding eVisa submission.

I recently got my Canadian passport and am yet to surrender my Indian passport. For eVisa application, do i have to submit the Surrender certificate as well?