+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
it can take 2 weeks once it reaches to consulate
for you it's only been 3 days since that
Also there are holidays in these 2 weeks, i am guessing you will get it in first or second week of Jan
Also they are prioritizing already submitted applications
if you have need to fly before jan10 then i guess, you should send them an inquiry requesting urgency of it
mine was submitted on oct 22 and in nov they asked for a form and an inquiry and they approved it and i am going to get my passport next week after 2 months
for you its been only 3 days so it takes about 2 weeks based on what people have posted here
How can you send a form. Do you have link to form by any chance

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi I have a unique situation - my family has applied for a visitor visa from India, and has filled up the biometric request form. The date that VFS provided - my family can't make it. Is there a way to reschedule it? The language in the FAQ is very confusing.. as in:|

A) How is failure to attend different from re-schedule?
B) Do I need to inform someone if I cannot attend?
C) What happens if I can't give biometrics within 30 days?

Can someone please guide me?

Failure to attend allotted appointment: In an event that you are unable to attend your biometric appointment at the allotted date and time, you will be blocked from requesting an appointment for 5 calendar days. After 5 calendar days, you may raise a new request which will be served on a first come first serve basis.

Re-schedule or Cancel Appointment: Owing to the huge demand for biometric appointments, we will not be able to entertain any request for re-schedule or cancellation of appointments. You are strongly suggested to adhere to your allotted date and time failing which, your appointment request will be queued at the end.

madhanabby

Jun 4, 2013
I submitted Form A few weeks back. I was wondering if I should withdraw my wife's application and apply for e-visa. My timeline below:
Application submitted in person at BLS surrey on Nov 28
Processing at consulate Nov 29
Visa approved on Dec 13 for daughter. However, Form A was requested for Wife
Dec 14 Form A submitted
Dec 16 passport with visa received for daughter

Onthewayy

Dec 27, 2022
Hi, I sent postal application from Calgary to surrey bls

Dec 2 BLS received

Dec3-Dec27 no records

how can I get my application opened?
I called many times but they say the same thing again and tell me to call next week

Urviraj

Dec 22, 2022
Is anyone here who applied for their Entry or Tourist visa in December through Vancouver CGI and already received it?

Here is my timeline for my Entry Visa:

Dec 5: Postal Application sent from Calgary
Dec 6: Delivered at BLS Surrey (Purolator Website)
Dec 7 - Dec 16: Status - "No records found". (BLS Website) Multiple calls to ask about my application status and to open my application.
Dec 17: Status changed to "Under processing" on BLS Portal and IndiaVisa. Got an email that my Visa application is accepted and my passport is with an agent.
Dec 19: Status updated to "In transit from BLS to Consulate General" (BLS Website)
Dec 20: Status updated to "Processing at Consulate General (BLS Website). The status is still showing "Under processing" at (IndianVisa).

As of right now, the status is still the same. I wonder how long will it take from this point to get the visa issued given that they have now re-instated the e-Visa. Not counting what might be stat holidays, I have 15 working days left before I travel. Fingers crossed.

Also, debating if I should withdraw my application to apply for an e-Visa instead. Does anyone have any experience or advice on the application withdrawal process? How long does it take to get the passport back if I withdraw my application?
I am in same boat. Wondering should I withdraw my application and apply for e-visa or can we do both at same time. I am so stressed out. If you get any notifications please share. Thank you

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
I am in same boat. Wondering should I withdraw my application and apply for e-visa or can we do both at same time. I am so stressed out. If you get any notifications please share. Thank you
I will update here once the status changes. Although, I checked and found out that you cannot hold two valid visas at the same time, so in order to apply for an e-visa and use it, the only option would be to withdraw the other visa application. It just feels counter-intuitive but if I get too close to the travel date I might have to think hard about it.

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
it can take 2 weeks once it reaches to consulate
for you it's only been 3 days since that
Also there are holidays in these 2 weeks, i am guessing you will get it in first or second week of Jan
Also they are prioritizing already submitted applications
if you have need to fly before jan10 then i guess, you should send them an inquiry requesting urgency of it
mine was submitted on oct 22 and in nov they asked for a form and an inquiry and they approved it and i am going to get my passport next week after 2 months
for you its been only 3 days so it takes about 2 weeks based on what people have posted here
Thanks! I hope I don't have to submit another form. Given that E-visa is now open, the normal visa application should be expedited as per CGIs press release. Let's wait and see what happens. Fingers crossed. I just need my passport back before Jan 17.

Urviraj

Dec 22, 2022
I will update here once the status changes. Although, I checked and found out that you cannot hold two valid visas at the same time, so in order to apply for an e-visa and use it, the only option would be to withdraw the other visa application. It just feels counter-intuitive but if I get too close to the travel date I might have to think hard about it.
Thank you for the information as we already booked our flight on 5th Jan so if I withdraw my application how long it will take to receive my passport? TIA

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
I
Thank you for the information as we already booked our flight on 5th Jan so if I withdraw my application how long it will take to receive my passport? TIA
Oh...that seems like a tight timeline. I haven't been able to find an answer from anyone about the withdrawal process and how long it takes. However, I recall someone posting recently that they wanted to withdraw their application and were told by BLS that it is already with the consulate and cannot be withdrawn now. So not really sure. Perhaps call BLS and ask them. The situation is now different with the e-Visa opening.

foobaar

Mar 5, 2017
I applied for my sons entry visa on 20th december at BLS Brampton(walk in) and the status just changed to "Your visa is Processed and Printed." on indianvisa. Hope to get it soon. I hope you get it yours soon too.

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
I applied for my tourist visa 14th December. Passport received to BLS surrey on 16th December but no update so far.

It still shows "no record found" on their tracking.

When I called them they said it takes 7 business days to get that updated on their tracking. I dont know how long will it take as I have flight booked on 10th January.

Can someone share their timeline if they have received any update within this timeline

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
hey guys, do know how many takes it takes to get passport once it shows ready to dispatch
mine is showing that since yesterday morning

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I applied for my sons entry visa on 20th december at BLS Brampton(walk in) and the status just changed to "Your visa is Processed and Printed." on indianvisa. Hope to get it soon. I hope you get it yours soon too.
We have same status showing on Indian Visa website, its been more than a week now but no changes on the BLS status so far.